I recently reset my pc and now my sound isnt working, its coming out of both the speakers and the headphones. Before i reset my pc everything used to work normaly.
My pc is an alienware mx14 from 2012. If you need i can post my specs
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First make sure that you set the default playback device to your liking. (Speaker or Headphone)
- Once either the speaker or headphone is set as the default observe if you'll still have sound on both device and if it does, do uninstall/reinstall the sound driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the sound driver.
- Next is to download and install the latest driver from Dell's Support site.
- Here's the link: http/www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/alienware-m14x/drivers
- Just select the correct OS. Once install do test it again.