Sound disappears from time to time

Sep 17, 2013
it started a few months ago but after a few days back then i didn't have this problem anymore. but now it's back.
the problem: whenever i'm in a game or watching a movie, the sound suddenly can not be heard anymore (the volume level stays the same, but there is no sound). I accidentally found a somewhat acceptable solution. i went to sound and i disabled and enabled it. it seems to work for a few minutes.
o have an asus xonar sound card and a z5500 sound system and operating system win 10
if you need more info in order to find the solution i will be glad to provide it!

Ravi Sankar

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Ok ... Good (I wish it should be good) ... Can you try reinstalling drivers and after installation, please check under the devices to make sure that there is no red x mark under the sound devices -> your Sound hardware.

After this process, it should work good, if still problem exists, then I recommend to do fresh installation of OS and check to see if issue resolved

If the issue still exist even after fresh OS, then, try getting latest drivers from Manufacturer's website, and use the drivers in correct OS what they recommend

ex: if win7 drivers are used on win10, then issues are expected

If you use everything as per the manufacturer's recommendation and issue still exist, then probably sound card is bad