Sound drivers are forcing themselves on even after uninstalled?

shock4878

Estimable
Dec 25, 2014
Okay, so I've been doing a lot of work lately trying to get my SoundBlaster E1 Amplifier working. When the E1 is plugged into the computer via USB I get some major static, regardless of which ports it's plugged into. But this is manageable. What isn't manageable is that regardless of what I do with my computer I cannot get sound to play from it.

I have Realtek HD Audio Drivers and I believe they're the culprit. I can change all of my audio settings that I hear through that program and I can tell the difference. However, I cannot use the E1 drivers at all. When I run a "test" with the E1 under the Sound panel I can faintly hear something, but when I run the same test through "Headphones" which is attached to the Realtek HD drivers it's fine. I've uninstalled the Realtek HD Drivers and my computer still acts the same way, faint sounds from E1 and nothing else.

How can I force my computer to play specifically through the E1 drivers and ignore the rest? And does anyone know where the white static noise is coming from? It only happens when it's plugged in through USB. I've also tried plugging it into the back, etc. I'd like to mention that I can tell the difference in having the E1 hooked up and not too regardless of which drivers are working. There is a clear difference when my headphones are plugged into it versus plugged directly into the PC.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Well, on my computer... I technically have four different audio sources. The integrated sound from the motherboard, GPU, Soundblaster Card I installed, and my headset.

To get the cleanest possible sound.. I have the motherboard audio DISABLED in my BIOS and from within Device Manager I right-clicked on the GPU HDMI audio and disabled it from there. Now all that shows up in Audio Devices are the two sources I use: Speakers connected to Creative sound card and my Wireless headset.

I'm thinking you have the realtek audio still active in your BIOS.. and it could cause some distortion. Try disabling it and check back here.

shock4878

Estimable
Dec 25, 2014
I disabled my onboard audio in my BIOS and nothing has changed. The only available "playback" is "Speakers Sound Blaster E1 Default Device" and the green bar on it moves when I know audio is being played but nothing comes through the headset. Not on the front port nor the back port. I'm using Audio-Technica ATHM50x and also a pair of earbuds for trial/error. I'm just not getting any sound. I can change the sliders in the SBX Pro Studio (SoundBlaster Drivers) and it changes it in my desktop tray (such as volume percentage, etc.) but still, no sound.

EDIT:
Is it relevant that I have all of these extra disabled devices? The only things I would ever have plugged in are my headset (front jack, Audio Blaster E1, and yes I have tried the back) stereo speakers, and when I want to watch movies I plug my HDMI cable in as well. I'm not sure why all of these extras are showing up. Maybe that has something to do with it? Even though they're all disabled.

https://i.imgur.com/SxAdE1g.png