Sound from blue ray player not working.

Aug 24, 2018
I just bought a new tv and set up my blue ray player and Yamaha receiver the same way I had on my old tv. When the tv initially detects the blue ray through the receiver picture and sound work. But if I switch to my cable box and back the sound on the blue ray is gone. And the only way to get it back is to disconnect the blue ray player and let the tv detect it again. Any ideas?

Solution
To clarify
You have the BD player and cable box connected to receiver HDMI inputs. The receiver HDMI out goes to the TV. Yes?
Since the sound comes from the receiver not the TV. When you unplug it from the receiver the sound comes back?
Try checking the input menu of the receiver. Make sure it is set to receive audio from HDMI on the BD player input. It might be on auto.
To clarify
You have the BD player and cable box connected to receiver HDMI inputs. The receiver HDMI out goes to the TV. Yes?
Since the sound comes from the receiver not the TV. When you unplug it from the receiver the sound comes back?
Try checking the input menu of the receiver. Make sure it is set to receive audio from HDMI on the BD player input. It might be on auto.

Solution