Sound Intone Mic

ryukashin

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015
I recently purchased a pair of Sound Intone I68 headphones that come with a built in mic, the issue I'm having with them is that if I Skype someone or use them to talk to someone then I can hear them clearly but they have difficulty hearing me, they say I sound like I'm far away from the mic even though it is built in and hangs less than a few centimeters from my face. Whenever I go to audio settings to try to fix the problem no mic other than the one built into my laptop shows up. Is there a way to boost the strength of the mic or is this a hardware problem and should I just send them back?

Solution
If the mic uses a single TRRS jack and your laptop has 2 TRS jacks instead, you may need an adapter to use the headset mic.

These TRRS jacks are common on cellular phones and tablets, but not as common on computers(this is starting to change however.).

nukemaster

Distinguished
If the mic uses a single TRRS jack and your laptop has 2 TRS jacks instead, you may need an adapter to use the headset mic.

These TRRS jacks are common on cellular phones and tablets, but not as common on computers(this is starting to change however.).

Solution