Sound lowers bass and audio at higher volumes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stroodle01588

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
I have Audio Engine A2+ speakers hooked up to my pc via usb. I have an 8 inch acoustic audio subwoofer hooked into my speakers via RCA cable. (The problem might be that sub is hooked into my speakers)

When bass drops are combined with high volume levels both the speakers and my sub compensate by lowering the volume temporarily. I believe this is a feature with the speakers, but my sub's volume lowers drastically along with it which ruins everything. I'm no audio expert, but I think if I were to get an rca adapter like this https://www.amazon.com/iXCC-Premium-Gold-Plated-Adapter-Extension/dp/B019D04S4G/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1494965334&sr=1-10&keywords=rca+female+adapter+3.5 I could plug my sub into the pc separately possibly stopping my sub from compensating (lowering the volume) with the speakers.

If anyone has had similar issues or suggestions tell me what you think I should do.

Solution
I don't think you will be able to use the USB for the Audioengines and the analog output for the sub at the same time. You could connect them both via analog.
I would also suggest you check to see that the PC doesn't have some audio processing going on.

JamesSneed

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I would contact Audio engine first. http://support.audioengineusa.com/support/tickets/new

I have the A2+ and they can clipp at very high volume like you are experiencing. Have you tried to dial the volume knob back a bit on them until this doesn't occur and set the PC volume to max/100% to find the sweet spot? These little speakers get pretty loud before they clip for me, way to loud to be siting 2 feet in front of them to be honest and I can take it pretty loud.

stroodle01588

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016

I think you're on to something I just tried it at half volume on the nob and it seems a lot better. I'll have to wait for everyone to leave the house to try it at higher volume and I'll get back to you if it works

stroodle01588

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016

Lowering the speaker volume didn't seem to change anything. It's not really a clipping problem I'm pretty sure it's just the speakers compensating for loud volume and it's also making my sub lower its volume too. I just hope if I plug my sub into my desktop with an rca adapter they will work simultaneously better.

Mar 12, 2018

No that is not it.....no external speakers plugged into anything. It is a sputtering sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.