Solved! Sound, mouse and network driver problem

Jun 4, 2020
Hello,

My laptop (HP-pavilion Laptop 14-ce0xxx ) has a few computer peripheral it does not recognize anymore such as the internal speaker, any usb mouse, and it has a few connexion problems for many websites, necessitating many refreshes to view webpages.

Moreover, when i want to restart my laptop I get DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE as a crash. All the support software such as windows troubleshooting program or HP support or even looking to update the drivers, it just runs idle without finishing their execution. Windows update reports " HP Inc. - SoftwareComponent - 4.1.4.3079 - Erreur 0x800705b4 "

As a support documentation, I ran WhoCrashed.
Here is the report :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\windows
C:\windows\Minidump

On Thu 04/06/2020 18:02:36 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\windows\Minidump\060420-15968-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1BE676)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000009F (0x4, 0x12C, 0xFFFFAB0DEDE54040, 0xFFFFF8078460A800)
Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
file path: C:\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 04/06/2020 18:02:36 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!IoTranslateBusAddress+0x96E)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x4, 0x12C, 0xFFFFAB0DEDE54040, 0xFFFFF8078460A800)
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. The power state transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the PnP subsystem.
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 04/06/2020 13:37:58 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\windows\Minidump\060420-16250-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1000009F (0x4, 0x12C, 0xFFFFE00A2DA18040, 0xFFFFC5834643F800)

On Thu 04/06/2020 13:01:35 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\windows\Minidump\060420-19296-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1000009F (0x4, 0x12C, 0xFFFFDC8AB5161240, 0xFFFF800CABE2F800)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion

4 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you please help me? All the solutions I looked for does not seem to combine my problems and I have trouble using the proposed solutions for similar issues I found on the web.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Sincerely,
Tsureto

Solution
check windows integrity
open the command prompt as administrator and type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-open-an-elevated-command-prompt-2618088
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...em-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

clean boot
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

check the memory by running memtest.org usb autoinstaller (bootable USB flash drive)

check the hard drive for errors with its manufacturer´s tool

reset windows

eventually it´s faulty hardware, RMA it if it´s still under warranty
check windows integrity
open the command prompt as administrator and type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-open-an-elevated-command-prompt-2618088
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...em-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

clean boot
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

check the memory by running memtest.org usb autoinstaller (bootable USB flash drive)

check the hard drive for errors with its manufacturer´s tool

reset windows

eventually it´s faulty hardware, RMA it if it´s still under warranty

Solution