Sound on my headset works only on front jack

Linox

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016
Hello everyone,
Ive been trying for 20 hours now to fix this issue,
I bought brand new Logitech G230 headset,apperently people hear a lot of static from my mic(background noise) so I want to plug it into the jacks on the back.The problem is that I get no audio when I plug everything in the back.Ive been reading that I have to disable "front panel jack detection" in realtek manager but I dont have that option.
Thank you in advance.
Lino

edit: thought Ill give some more details,running win 8.1,i managed to fix the static by ticking the options for noise reduction but the way i hear myself is just terrible,it sounds fake and "robotic".I think that static occurs because the front panel jacks dont provide enough power for the mic so it sounds like that.I hope somebody can help me fix this,I looked trough the forum and theres many topics like this but I just couldnt find an answer.

Have you tried the old headset again? Does it now have the same problem? What about trying the G230's on another system?

Have you reload any drivers or associated audio applications?

In addition, have you right clicked the little speaker icon usually appearing in the lower right screen area?

Then go into recording devices - right click the devices for additional configuration settings via selecting "Properties".

If that does not work, check inside the case (power off) that the audio ports are all correctly and snugly connected. Look for cracked connectors, nearby wires or cables etc. Might need to try some replacement connectors.

Make sure that audio card/source is snuggly seated.

Need to narrow down the problem to the headset or computer. If computer to some component inside the computer.

Linox

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016

Hey,
I tried the old headset and it doesnt work,I never had any of my headsets pluged in the back so I cannot know if it was working before.Inside my case everything seems fine,I tend to keep it clean and organized(no wires or anything).
The thing is,when i press the little speaker button and play music for eg,I can see the bar jumping like its receiving sound but its not coming trough on my headset.My brother just now gave me "external sound pocket" and i pluged everything in there and got it to work.Thats really a workaround the problem not exactly a solution.I still have quite some static noise,way too much for my taste and now I lost the options in windows to enhance the microphone for noise reduction.
I dont know If i should spend time setting this thing up correctly now or trying to fix the original issue.
If you feel like you can help Id be up for a teamviewer session If thats ok with you.
Thank you in advance.

edit: I tried the headset on a different PC and its working,I might aswell change windows to try that as well.

The various audio "paths" (hardware and software) can be a bit entangled.

Not sure what you mean by "external sound pocket" but obviously the audio is taking a different path.

And you now know that the headsets do work properly.

See if you can draw out the audio flow as you wish it to be and also the way it is currently working.

Focus on the differences in those paths and try to eliminate each interim component.

Look at the back port inside and outside. Is it a motherboard port or a sound card port? In any case, go back to the speaker icon, playback devices and again look at the settings and configuration. You may spot something previously overlooked that is now relevant to the problem.

Linox

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016

On the back its a motherboard port.
this is what im using
http://www.usbgear.com/USBG-SOUND-71.html
I just came back from work Ill give it a shot to see if I can make this work properly.

Linox

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016
Hello,
Ive been struggling for quite awhile to fix this but finally managed to fix it with help of a friend.
Ill post the solution so it might help someone else.
Having a workstation and not a custom PC I needed drivers that are made for my model,that was the first issue.
After putting the correct audio drivers and still not being able to get headset to work we figured I need a soundcard.
The problem was that it was 20:00 o clock and theres no way I could have got one at this time we messed around bios settings and found an option where u choose front panel jack quality which is either "legacy" or "high definition"(in my case at least).
Since front panels were on high def the rear panels couldnt work properly.

So the solution was to put the front panel jacks under bios on "legacy" settings so rear panel jacks can get "high def".

The headset now sounds 20 times better and microphone works like a charm,was a painful week but it was worth it.
I appreciate your help guys,take care.
Lino