Question Sound problems with PCIE Audio Card (Sound coming from the opposite side of the speakers or center or surround sometimes when it shouldnt)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zgzdgz

Great
Jan 4, 2022
Hello there, recently I've installed the PCIE 1x audio card called "Creative Sound Blaster FX 5.1" in my "MSI B550M PRO-VDH" motherboard and it started to give me problems during movies, music or games ,for example, if I play a game, or watch a movie, the sound switches to front right and center and right surround speakers, and sometimes completely differently, so I've reseated the card, I've rechecked the cables go in and out, I've tried on my current motherboard, the speakers act as they should on 5.1 system, but it acts really weird on that audio card and I have no idea is that a hardware or software mess, there is that creative control panel, but that seems to be worsen everything, so I don't know why out of nowhere the sound just disappearing and playing through speaker, for instance, if I test the front left speaker, the sound comes from either center, surround speakers, or the front right speaker, and I have no idea what's going on, I should also note that these speakers worked without a problem in my older motherboard "MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon" as I just hooked it up and the sound acted as it should, any ideas how to fix this ?

zgzdgz

Great
Jan 4, 2022
Yup, it's the same speakers, and the same songs that I tested on both systems.I'm gonna test it again then, but, as I googled yesterday, it seemed to me that I wasn't alone who experienced such problems with pcie cards, people usually say it's some kind of a "bug" or something like that messes with the speakers, but I will going to try again on an old system with those copied songs, oh and also, if I experience dropouts, I just switch from headphones to 5.1 and it seems to fix that, but shortly after it still happens the same, I don't know if it means something.

https://prnt.sc/265bot9

Also I've noticed that whenever I uninstall this, it still appears, and as you can see it shows that the driver version is 12/1/2020, and that, when I played on my older rig, it plays without a problem, so I'm pretty sure that's not a faulty one.

Last edited:

zgzdgz

Great
Jan 4, 2022
So an update, I've updated my bios and the sound issues seems to be resolved, and also I reinstall the windows, so it appeared that, many users who had amd systems had this problem, so the only way it worked for them is updating the bios, so as what the creative told me to do.

Reactions: Wolfshadw