Sound skipping help

stultzdawn75

Great
Oct 12, 2018
I truly need help. My Fire Stick worked perfectly fine then for a reason unknown to me the sound skips. New USB cable and plug from another and it worked on friends homes but not on either of mine. I've tried many self help from internet. I'd get a new one but don't want to lose Genesis Reborn. I'm hoping you can help. Currently going through a lot of stuff from a major accident and this is my only escape from it all...
Hoping for the best,
[don't post your email address on the forum]

stultzdawn75

Great
Oct 12, 2018

If it helps, I have a 42” tv, not smart, no sound system. It just started skipping on the sound one day. It only goes it with Kodi.
It automatically updates.
You'll have to tell me what else you need from please. Thanks

stultzdawn75

Great
Oct 12, 2018
Be patient please, I only have used my android cell phone to setup everything. Samsung TV is not older than 4or5 yrs. Fire Stick is at max 12-18mo. I'm doing a trial with Netflix and sound is fine.

As mentioned earlier, I replaced everything from another fire stick except the stick. Seemed to help, possibly in my mind...

Oddly, brought stick only to friends and had no Kodi sound problem.
Please help me

If I am following correctly, the Fire Stick and its associated USB cable work on other TV's.

That leaves your TV as the suspect. Is the USB connection on your TV snug and tight? Are you able to wiggle it (gently) at all and does the sound change in any manner when wiggled?

MERGED QUESTION
Question from stultzdawn75 : "Not SmartTV,Kodi Only Sound Skip, Firestick"

How is your internet compared to your friends?
Have you tried bringing your HDMI cable(s) to your friend?

stultzdawn75

Great
Oct 12, 2018

stultzdawn75

Great
Oct 12, 2018
This q&a is backwards, right. My fault.
Here's a copy and paste

I have 2 TVS plain Jane, it only skips on Kodi. Add-on is Genesis Reborn.

I've heard both ways that Genesis Reborn can't be dl anymore unless you have it. If I uninstalled/reinstall Kodi I'd lose Reborn.

I saw your ? by Genesis Reborn, maybe Kodi.

You're being very helpful. Kodi is DL requiring an add-on and Gen Reb is the best as far as I know.

Please help, share, etc. Thanks
Show quoted text
Error Icon
Message not delivered
Your message couldn't be delivered to forums@tomshardware.com because the remote server is misconfigured. See technical details below for more information.
The response from the remote server was:
550 5.4.1 [forums@tomshardware.com]: Recipient address rejected: Access denied [email removed]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
To: "Tom's Hardware" <forums@tomshardware.com>
Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 19:41:00 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: Reply Received for Sound skipping help
I have 2 TVS plain Jane, it only skips on Kodi. Add-on is Genesis Reborn.

I've heard both ways that Genesis Reborn can't be dl anymore unless you have it. If I uninstalled/reinstall Kodi I'd lose Reborn.

I saw your ? by Genesis Reborn, maybe Kodi.

You're being very helpful. Kodi is DL requiring an add-on and Gen Reb is the best as far as I know.

Please help, share, etc. Thanks

I think your wiggle suggestions helped or could be in my head.
FYI, strong internet.
If I knew for sure I could reinstall Genesis Reborn, I'd do it.

Let's try to prove "wiggle" is not in your head. How snug is the connection?

Should be fairly immovable. And using a USB extension cable or another known working USB cable may change the fit enough to tighten the connectivity.

You can also use a paper clamp to take the cable weight off of the firestick. Just anchor the cable somewhere convenient so it is not pulling on the Firestick.

Not a permanent solution per se: the objective is to determine if there is a physical connection problem with the TV's port.

Reading back: If the fire stick works on other TV's and not yours then your TV is the source of the problem.

stultzdawn75

Great
Oct 12, 2018

It's better, not in my head. With subtitles I can keep up.
Played Netflix trial fine, same as prime trial which I'm trying now.
Like you said, wiggles and stability helped. Also, used to get warmer than before but not now.