Sound system for Apple TV & Projector

May 4, 2018
I have a ViewSonic HD projector and apple tv that I plan to use in lieu of a tv. My home sound system is sonos plays, but I'd like to find something comparable to a Playbar/base that is a little more economical.
I have seen some posts out there but I don't know enough to sort out exactly what specs I need for my set up.

Checkout the Denon Heos HomeCinema. Good soundbar and sub with HDMI passthrough for $500. Also does streaming with the Heos app. Won't integrate with your Sonos but has some advantages over it. Can be expanded to 5.1 with Heos speakers too.
The Focal Dimension might be an option too. Yamaha soundbars are pretty decent too.
Having an HDMI passthrough will make connecting the Apple TV to the projector easier.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
Bubblefish777 Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
O Streaming Video & TVs 2
E Streaming Video & TVs 5
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 3
A Streaming Video & TVs 6
X Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
K Streaming Video & TVs 2
kaishlothon Streaming Video & TVs 4
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 3
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
Similar threads
Question Trouble connecting projector to receiver and connecting laptop to receiver to stream video and sound to 5.1 speaker surround system
Question Help: Home Cinema Sound System: Budget £2.5k
How to merge Bluetooth for two same sound systems ?
I have a Samsung Smart TV and a Sony receiver and sound system. I use DirecTV and when I swithc over to my Netflix, I can see
Sanyo TV to Sony Sound System
Solved! How can I get sound on my lg 55LB550-UV to my Samsung my-js8000 gifs party stereo system
TCL Roku 6-series - Logitech z960 surround sound system not switching between DOLBY and Stereo
Solved! I'm trying to connect my old bose DVD surround sound system to my new Samsung smart TV but can't get TV sound to come out. The
Solved! How to connect old Pioneer surround sound system to LG TV + Nintendo Switch?
Can I connect mag254 iptv box to sony sound system. Presently tv is connected to sound system. No sound when iptv is turned on
Old Surround Sound system is dying, can anyone recommend me what's good?
PC detecting sound system as a display device
Hello I hava a Samsung uhdtv 75 8 series mu8000 how can I get sound and video out of my bose 321 system. Do I need some type o
What kind of speaker wire is best for a 5.1 system?
I am using hdmi converter to connect my dell laptop. It does not show any hdmi optionin sound system
Hooking Up an Old Panasonic DVD Home Sound System to Direct TV Box and Sony Smart TV.
How to use TV volume to increase sound through my Sony sound system Toshiba 32L5400
First time sound system owner, no clue how to set it up for 5.1
Amazon Fire TV and sound system
Panasonic DVD Home Theater Sounds System SC-PT770 Connected to Samsung Smart TV BN59-01179B

ASK THE COMMUNITY