Sound will play through both headphones and speakers.

sad123

Prominent
Jul 27, 2017
Sound will play through both headphones and speakers. please help how do i fix. Also, I've tried doing the thing where you go into Sound and select the head to default, but for some reason only my bluetooth headphones are the ones itll connect too.

Solution
for example, before i got myself a sound card i used the realtek card that was on my motherboard, it had a sound manager that would allow me to separate front jack input/output from the ones on the rear of the PC, so that i could play two different files and hear to two different songs at same time from two different headphones
the realtek audio manager was with the mobo drivers on a CD, dunno if it's possible to download it separately and if it works with other realtek hardware....
in this case a wireless device makes you choose only one playback device, as soon the BT headphones are on, it will switch to those

the sound card does no such thing, front and rear are connected and i didn't found any way to separate them, and if i plug...

kris1986k

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017
for example, before i got myself a sound card i used the realtek card that was on my motherboard, it had a sound manager that would allow me to separate front jack input/output from the ones on the rear of the PC, so that i could play two different files and hear to two different songs at same time from two different headphones
the realtek audio manager was with the mobo drivers on a CD, dunno if it's possible to download it separately and if it works with other realtek hardware....
in this case a wireless device makes you choose only one playback device, as soon the BT headphones are on, it will switch to those

the sound card does no such thing, front and rear are connected and i didn't found any way to separate them, and if i plug in both headphones, one in front one in rear, both play same file
on top of that there is no notification that something has been unplugged :( (talking about Sound Blaster Z sound card)
not sure if same happens with wireless headphones, i had once Sony BT headset but the sound quallity was poor and it messed up my audio drivers

Solution