Soundbar, or Speakers for PC?

NovusNOCTURNE

Estimable
Jan 12, 2015
Just out of curiosity for any audiophiles, I currently have a pair of Bose Companion 2 speakers, for my PC, and this is probably a one sided question, but would you use a sound bar for your PC, or computer speakers? (The sound bar I have currently is a Polk surroundbar.

Solution
I'd prefer a high quality pair of speakers and a sub. I have the Definitive Technology Inclines and use my Infinity 8" home theater sub with them. It sounds... epic. Playing BF4 in a small room makes it sound like WW3 has started. My speakers have a dedicated line out for the sub; by comparison, I don't think your Bose ones have one and thus you're going to be limited for hearing the full range of sound you may expect.

That is not to say that you couldn't get excellent sound from a bar, mind you. It's all about your space and/or layout.

SkyBill40

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
I'd prefer a high quality pair of speakers and a sub. I have the Definitive Technology Inclines and use my Infinity 8" home theater sub with them. It sounds... epic. Playing BF4 in a small room makes it sound like WW3 has started. My speakers have a dedicated line out for the sub; by comparison, I don't think your Bose ones have one and thus you're going to be limited for hearing the full range of sound you may expect.

That is not to say that you couldn't get excellent sound from a bar, mind you. It's all about your space and/or layout.

Solution