Soundbar with 2 zones?

minattz

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017
Does this exist? i am looking to replace my 10 year old receiver with a soundbar, but would like to keep the option to have my outdoor speakers hooked up to it. is there a soundbar that has support for an outdoor zone? They are wired speakers.

Solution
As Alabalcho says you want more than a soundbar is designed to do.
I would suggest you either use your old receiver just for the outdoor speakers or if the budget allows get a Sonos ConnectAmp or Heos Amp to drive them. You will be able to control them with phone or tablet and stream music or play files to them.
You can add a Sonos Connect or Heos Link to your receiver and save a few bucks.

minattz

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from minattz : "soundbar with 2 zones"

I am looking to replace my 10 year old receiver with a soundbar. Is there one that will play to my outside speakers as well? they are wired speakers. ANything like this, or is my only option another receiver? Thanks

Soundbars are designed to be "poor man receiver". They don't even come close to receivers in capabilities - they are designed for minimum wiring (if at all).
So, unless you get a soundbar with detachable speakers (which will be no longer a soundbar), and put speaker selector in between - get another receiver. Because the next thing you will ask is "how to connect my TV to my shiny new soundbar", "how to connect my Roku" etc etc

As Alabalcho says you want more than a soundbar is designed to do.
I would suggest you either use your old receiver just for the outdoor speakers or if the budget allows get a Sonos ConnectAmp or Heos Amp to drive them. You will be able to control them with phone or tablet and stream music or play files to them.
You can add a Sonos Connect or Heos Link to your receiver and save a few bucks.

Solution