Sounds coming through TV and not surround speakers

rudhan

Estimable
May 15, 2014
Hi all,

I have a computer that is connected to a SONY HT-AS5 via HDMI, this speaker system is then connected to the TV via another HDMI cable. When the PC is on I get both visual and sound out of the TV, however I want sound out of the surround speakers.

The HDMI comes out of the back of my graphics card where I have used a S/PDIF cable to connect the motherboard to the graphics card (GeForce 9800 GT). When I go onto the sound menu only two items can be seen; Speakers (RealTek HD audio, says these are not plugged in) and Realtek digital output.

I was expecting to see an item for the surround sound.

I have checked all audio/graphics drivers are up to date.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Medalofhalo

Estimable
Aug 13, 2014
Are you trying to have both Audio and Video come out your TV? If so, You say that your HDMI is connected from the TV to the Surround System . Have you tried Changing the audio output on the TV?

rudhan

Estimable
May 15, 2014

Hi, I am trying to have video on the TV but the Audio out of the surround sound. At the moment the sound is coming out of the TV not the surround sound.

The HDMI goes from the PC to the surround sound system and then into the TV.

Thanks

Hugh

Medalofhalo

Estimable
Aug 13, 2014

Im not an expert but if you are trying to have the surround system play the audio and the video through the TV you should connect the PC to the TV with the HDMI , then use a cable HDMI or RCA to connect from your TVs Audio Out to the Surround Systems Audio In