South Korean Police Raid the Google Offices

Status
Not open for further replies.

jevon

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004
All this stuff about Google "accidentally" listening for and saving all this data has made me wonder if other large super-corporations (MS, HP, WalMart, Intel etc etc) send unmarked vehicles around certain areas to do exactly the same thing!?

I forget how Google got caught in the first place, but it seems unlikely that an unmarked vehicle that's drawing no attention to itself would get caught while driving around in a city or suburb listening for open WiFi and saving the data.

mchawk

Distinguished
May 26, 2010
[citation][nom]simple11[/nom]Halodude, man really. Don't troll. Anyhow, I wonder how the investigation is going from the third parties perspective.[/citation]

I bet its veeeeery interesting... ;)

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Google has its bots, now it gots trucks for collecting data. And the data they are collecting as said, it based on what need to collect? Giving it was an error so to say, should bring into question was it just one vechile or more? And what behind the error and what should be taken into account to avoid to problem again? And the vechiles worth the issue?

damiano13mg

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
Companies like Google, Microsoft and RIM, etc.., must protect them selves from governments and other paranoid policy that now want to disrupt their livelihood and their company mission. These companies make the world-go-round and must continue to do so if our way of life is to endure.

the last resort

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
i think we're forgetting the data that they collected was in no way illegal. they were collecting data from free, unproteted Wi-FI hotspots. No hacking, etc. I could do the exact same thing. Its not my or Google's fault that people are too retarded to secure their networks.

SRRAE

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]the last resort[/nom]i think we're forgetting the data that they collected was in no way illegal. they were collecting data from free, unproteted Wi-FI hotspots. No hacking, etc. I could do the exact same thing. Its not my or Google's fault that people are too retarded to secure their networks.[/citation]

But why did they need to collect that data at all when it has nothing to do with google street?
On the other hand, even though it is total stupidity not having protection on your wireless it is illegal to connect to someone else's wireless network without their knowledge or consent.
On this very site have been articles about people being charged for using other people's / company's wifi.

G

Nice headline. I see you've stooped to CNN's tactics now. How do you get "raid" from "had paid a visit"? My friends don't lock their windows and bar their doors when I come over for a "raid". Tomshardware, you've officially become a hit w*hore.

Status
Not open for further replies.