Speaker auto off

pengocha

Prominent
Feb 26, 2017
Hi all,
I recently bought a bigben media tower london tw6. It has different inputs: rca/line in/usb/bluetooth/sd. My tv set is a sony bravia kdl-42w706b. At first i just connected the rca of the speaker to the rca in the back of the bravia, set speaker to aux but all was silent. After a bit of online searching it seemed that the rca on the bravia only functions as input so i switched to the 3.5 headphones out. I connected the 3.5 to the rca of the speakers and the sound was ok, also when i connected the 3.5 of the bravia to the 3.5 line in of the speaker sound was ok. The problem i encounter is that in both setups the speaker doesn't seem to notice that the input is active; after 10mins of playing it goes into standby mode and stops playing. I'm guessing the bravia doesn't send some kind of keep alive signal cuz if i plug my smartphone instead of the bravia 3.5 jack the speaker keeps playing and doesn't shut down. I tried different settings in the bravia including the ones i've found on sony's website:
[Sound] →[Headphones/Audio Out] →[Subwoofer] and [Sound] → [Audio Out] → [Variable]
or
[Sound] →[Headphones/Audio Out] →[Audio Out] and [Sound] → [Audio Out] → [Variable].
Am i overlooking something here or do i need to use the digital out of the bravia and convert it with something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TV-Optical-SPDIF-Coaxial-Digital-to-RCA-L-R-Analog-Audio-Converter-Headphone-Out-/201302355108?hash=item2ede8e2ca4:g:97MAAOSwMmBV3r8v.
Any advice is more then welcome !

Solution
it seems your tv isn't pushing enough sound to the speakers to force it to stay awake , i would recommend using an amp to run sound from the source to the speakers (eg , tv to amp , from amp to speakers ) beyond that i cant help as i dont use audio from tv ever , i use pc and which i use a mixer with built in dac/amp to run to my av receiver to do audio

TemplarBlood

Estimable
Sep 17, 2014
it seems your tv isn't pushing enough sound to the speakers to force it to stay awake , i would recommend using an amp to run sound from the source to the speakers (eg , tv to amp , from amp to speakers ) beyond that i cant help as i dont use audio from tv ever , i use pc and which i use a mixer with built in dac/amp to run to my av receiver to do audio

Solution