Speaker Noise Issue

Mohan_27

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017
Hello,

I recently got KRK speakers and when I plug them into my computer there is a looped buzz/squeaking noise. This only happens when I plug them into my PC. If I plug them into a phone, there is no noise.

I have B350 Tomahawk motherboard

Thanks!

Solution
This is a fairly common issue in the PC world.

Ensure that you don't have an audio input or microphone enabled as these can introduce noise.
I don't know what type of KRK speakers you have but if they have a digital input you could use that to eliminate the noise. I had the same issue then switched to the optical output to my receiver and the noise issue was gone.

Short of that, unfortunately, there is no, good/easy fix.

With a nice set of speakers like those, I would recommend you get a sound card which could eliminate the issue.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
This is a fairly common issue in the PC world.

Ensure that you don't have an audio input or microphone enabled as these can introduce noise.
I don't know what type of KRK speakers you have but if they have a digital input you could use that to eliminate the noise. I had the same issue then switched to the optical output to my receiver and the noise issue was gone.

Short of that, unfortunately, there is no, good/easy fix.

With a nice set of speakers like those, I would recommend you get a sound card which could eliminate the issue.

Solution