Speaker/Receiver matching problem

RoyAbare

Commendable
Dec 2, 2016
Been looking at audio equipment for my bar here in Osaka for many days and can't seem to get it right. I've finally found something that seems okay that I'd like to ask some questions about.

Say I were to hook up four KEF Q300's to a Yamaha A-S801 receiver, would the receiver act as a bottleneck? Would they be compatible at all? Would there be power left for a sub?

Sorry, I really don't get this.

Solution
For a bar I would suggest using commercial speakers rather than home models.
http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/installed-sound/control-contractor-series#in-wall
They will take abuse much better.
If you are trying to get an even level of sound more smaller speakers is better than fewer large ones. The advantage of the large ones will be more bass and higher maximum volume so it depends on the type of bar you run. If your patrons make a lot of noise then you need to get the music louder. You might want more volume at the bar proper and less at the tables? You can connect passive volume controls to get more control.

kanewolf

Judicious
Most subs are self powered and the amp does have a line out port for connecting a sub. The 8ohm speakers would be compatible with the amp even when running all 4 speakers simpultaneously. The is a switch on the back that would have to be in "LOW" impedance mode.
At 87db, those aren't the most efficient speakers. I don't know how loud you need to get. I don't know what the price for a pair of them in Japan is. In the US, you could do better with a pair of Klipsch RB-61-II.

For a bar I would suggest using commercial speakers rather than home models.
http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/installed-sound/control-contractor-series#in-wall
They will take abuse much better.
If you are trying to get an even level of sound more smaller speakers is better than fewer large ones. The advantage of the large ones will be more bass and higher maximum volume so it depends on the type of bar you run. If your patrons make a lot of noise then you need to get the music louder. You might want more volume at the bar proper and less at the tables? You can connect passive volume controls to get more control.

Solution

RoyAbare

Commendable
Dec 2, 2016
Thanks for the suggestions. I've considered in wall speakers but the walls have very little space and they're a real commitment so I'm still too skeptical towards it.
It's a small room (5x5m) so I figure four large ones should be plenty. Especially paired with a sub.

The Klipsch speakers seem good but I'm not sure how I'd mount them.

kanewolf

Judicious
Rather than the in-wall speakers that show up on the link from @americanaudiophile, scroll UP the page a little. Think about the indoor/outdoor speakers. They are going to be VERY durable and probably come with mounting brackets. Klipsch has similiar products, like the AW-525 or AW-600.