Speaker System Set up issue

crysisfan11

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
hi guys. my dad recently bought me a 5.1/7.1 german made home speaker system. It comes with a sound amplifier with 4 input options (VCD, DVD, CD and AC-3....all being input). I want to hook this up to my computer but im having a hard time doing so because the manual is very breif. I am not sure what wires to use or softwares to download. My motherboard is the EVGA x58 using onboard sound. My motherboard has s/pdif output or input (im not sure, i think its output). Help would be appreciated!

Link to the side of my motherboard: http://www.guru3d.com/article/evga-x58-sli-review/4

Link to my home theatre speaker system: http://brendelelectronics.com/pages/br201.html

MEgamer

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
then like astrallite has sed, use the SPDIF, and connect the AC-3 input to your SPDIF output on your motherboard, if your motherboard doesnt have, get a cheap soundcard, with SPDIF output.

crysisfan11

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
The system doesnt come with a receiver. It comes with speakers and an AMP. im assuming you have to connect the amp to a receiver...In that case would i have to have the AMP and my PC both connected to the Receiver?

crysisfan11

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
I dont think u understand. The system that my dad bought came with something called an Digital AV Power AMPLIFIER. in the manual, its telling me to hook this amp up to a DVD player/receiver from my old home theatre system. All i want to know is how to use this with my computer. On the back of the amp only gives me the following input options.....(DVD, CD, AC-3, and VCD).

MEgamer

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
then like astrallite has sed, use the SPDIF, and connect the AC-3 input to your SPDIF output on your motherboard, if your motherboard doesnt have, get a cheap soundcard, with SPDIF output.

crysisfan11

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
i dont know how to do that. its simple. On the back of the amp, each input option has 2 holes (White and Red). Again the options are AC-3, DVD, CD, SVD.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Luckky99 Audio 6
melaniaaaaa Audio 1
H Audio 3
T Audio 2
Sound guy Audio 1
Brown66 Audio 3
W Audio 1
Bonesaw Audio 1
H Audio 3
Praecox420 Audio 3
S Audio 1