Speakers and headphones only work after restart on my laptop

Dravenzo

Estimable
Apr 10, 2015
Iv'e started to encounter a problem with my Lenovo E50 laptop audio jack, most of the time it always worked perfectly, but some strange sound started to occur from it especially when i connected my earphones (it's sort of like an old static sound or something) when there is no sound on laptop. Iv'e tried to reinstall my drivers and installed latest one from here: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?...

The file that i downloaded is called: 64bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1, Windows10 Driver only (Executable file)
Then after the setup was installed i restarted my computer a few times as the setup requested, and now my headphones and speakers only work after i connect one of them and restart my laptop, where as before i only need to reconnect them and notification would come up that i reconnected and it worked. On top of that there is still that static sound that i was talking about.

What would be the best way to fix this, i've tried some fixes where i found in google like update drivers on device manager realtek high definition audio system, tried updating it but it says that i already have the latest audio driver.

I hope i get an answer for this, much appreciated!

Solution
Static sound over headphones/speaker is usually due to a bad connection somewhere, usually where the headphone jack connects to the motherboard. Some part of the audio connection chain (socket, wire, motherboard connector, etc) is loose and you get static every time it wriggles. Usually a tiny bit of solder will fix it, although I've heard of one person fixing it with super glue (didn't reall fix the electrical connection, but kept the part from wriggling).

I've noticed some laptop headphone connectors activate only when you plug in headphones or speakers. I think this is to save a little bit of power to eek out more battery life. Installing Realtek drivers probably broke this functionality. Try the audio drivers for your laptop...
Static sound over headphones/speaker is usually due to a bad connection somewhere, usually where the headphone jack connects to the motherboard. Some part of the audio connection chain (socket, wire, motherboard connector, etc) is loose and you get static every time it wriggles. Usually a tiny bit of solder will fix it, although I've heard of one person fixing it with super glue (didn't reall fix the electrical connection, but kept the part from wriggling).

I've noticed some laptop headphone connectors activate only when you plug in headphones or speakers. I think this is to save a little bit of power to eek out more battery life. Installing Realtek drivers probably broke this functionality. Try the audio drivers for your laptop model from Lenovo's support site.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/

Solution