speakers or headphones?

alexiusyap

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
hello all

so i've been thinking whether i should get speakers or headphones for my pc. i'll be using it to edit video and at the moment im slightly leaning towards getting some good speakers, is this a good choice? thanks

Solution
The way I see it is good quality sound editing scales down on lesser systems, but bad quality editing doesn't scale up. So I'd edit on the highest quality setup I could find, that way it'll sound the best it possibly could on all systems.

benjii

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
If you're editing video, I assume you'll be editing sound too? I find a good quality pair of headphones is much better for that sort of work. Sennheiser make fantastic headphones.

alexiusyap

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
yes, i'll be editing sound as well but at the moment im figuring i'll be playing these videos eventually and hopefully at events. so, wouldn't it be better to edit them with speakers to know how they might come out on them rather than on headphones which are rarely used at premieres or events? thanks

benjii

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
The way I see it is good quality sound editing scales down on lesser systems, but bad quality editing doesn't scale up. So I'd edit on the highest quality setup I could find, that way it'll sound the best it possibly could on all systems.

Solution