Solved! Speakers to pc (ground loop)

Oct 18, 2019
i got a SVS sb 1000 sub with 2 satellite speakers. for awhile i have had a ground loop issue and couldn't never figure out why i have it so i just gave up.
anyway how this setup works is the back of the sub has a L and R input labled "high level input", and the speakers have a input aswell. The Left input on the speaker is connected with the left input of the sub which is connected to the left output on a dayton audio ampm )the 2 seperate wires connect into one which then runs from a single wire into the amp, 16aug wire fyi).
Same story applies for the right speaker. the amp is connected to my pc with a rca to aux connector and the aux is into the back of the pc. not sure if its the cable setup causing the ground loop. i also get white noise in the left speaker when changing volume, and turning the speakers on. Subwoofer has a amp speakers are powered my my amp but all is connected. thinking about getting a new amp to see if it will fix the issue but ill ask the question here of do i have to or do i need to change how i have everything wired up and how do i wire it up properly if its incorrect?

Solution
The ground lifter I mentioned is illegal in Australia so you will need an audio isolator.
https://au.dhgate.com/ground-loop-isolator-australia.html
The subwoofer has it's own amp built in so it's completely useless to buy a 2.1 amp.
Those kind of cheap digital amps always have exaggerated power ratings so you have to dig into the specs.
I would suggest you get a used surround sound receiver.
That will have a subwoofer output and remove bass from the sat speakers so they will play louder and cleaner. An old AVR will be pretty cheap and give you multiple inputs and remote control too. An older Marantz receiver will sound much much better and shouldn't cost very much. Even the entry level ones will be more than enough power.
A ground loop will cause a constant hum or buzz. It won't cause white noise when you change the volume or turn on the amp.
Sounds like more of an amp problem. Does it make these noises if you don't connect the PC to the amp? Does it make them when the sub isn't connected as well?
If you want to try eliminating any potential ground loops then you can use a 3 to 2 ground lifter on the power cords of the sub and amp. You can also use an inline audio ground isolator in the line level cable from the PC to the amp.

Oct 18, 2019
A ground loop will cause a constant hum or buzz. It won't cause white noise when you change the volume or turn on the amp.
Sounds like more of an amp problem. Does it make these noises if you don't connect the PC to the amp? Does it make them when the sub isn't connected as well?
If you want to try eliminating any potential ground loops then you can use a 3 to 2 ground lifter on the power cords of the sub and amp. You can also use an inline audio ground isolator in the line level cable from the PC to the amp.
Yeah, i am getting a constant hum from the sub. I do not get any ground loop if i unplug the aux from my pc onto my phone.
The rca inputs on the pack of the amp have a rca to aux connector.
I did get myself a ground loop isolator you plug into into the pc which then connects to the rca then into the amp. just made the hum twice as loud haha.
I have a feeling it is the way the speakers are hooked up. The left speaker cable joins into the left input cable from the sub and creates one cable which then goes into the left output of the amp. it almost seems the sub is powering the speakers along with the amp.
i'm struggling to get my head around this and new to this. If you have any suggestions for a 3 to 2 ground lifter, please post. I am in Australia and getting stuff, especially from amazon is 10x harder.
I had a browse for a new amp but dont want to go buying a new one if it dosnt resolve the issue. The amp im looking at is the "DTA-2.1BT 100W Class D 2.1 Amplifier". The recommended power for the speakers is 20-150 watts according to the manufacturer

The ground lifter I mentioned is illegal in Australia so you will need an audio isolator.
https://au.dhgate.com/ground-loop-isolator-australia.html
The subwoofer has it's own amp built in so it's completely useless to buy a 2.1 amp.
Those kind of cheap digital amps always have exaggerated power ratings so you have to dig into the specs.
I would suggest you get a used surround sound receiver.
That will have a subwoofer output and remove bass from the sat speakers so they will play louder and cleaner. An old AVR will be pretty cheap and give you multiple inputs and remote control too. An older Marantz receiver will sound much much better and shouldn't cost very much. Even the entry level ones will be more than enough power.

Solution
Oct 18, 2019
Well, i got myself a AV receiver and remove the dayton audio amp i previously had, which seemed to be the cause of the ground loop. The audio quality has improved by alot especially in the sub, It sounds alot cleaner. I also didn't even need a ground loop isolator, as the issue was ether in the amp or the dodgy wiring job.

To anyone who has the same or similar issue with these "mini amps", get rid of it. My mind set when i first got it was to have a easy way to adjust volume and to provide power to the 2 satellite speakers not having any clue if it would affect sound quality, it did.
I also went to a small hi-fi store to get myself some speaker wire and a sub cable as the previous speaker wire looked badly burnt and also was cheap garbage and i wouldn't have enough. I also spoke to the bloke there about the issue i was having - mentioned the same thing as you did.
Thank you alot for your help, i have defiantly learnt alot and i'm beyond happy this issue is resolved! I and hope anyone else with the same issue can also resolve their issue if they stumble upon this post.
I can even hook the tv up to it now :D