Speedy Samsung Galaxy S2 Sales Hit Five Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyb34

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2008
"Do you think the company will reach its goal?"

Yes, most americans will buy anything. They have nothing better to do...

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Meh, Apple still sold 4 times as many (20 million) in the same time frame.

And this is Apple's last gen phone at the end of its life with the iPhone 5 only a month or so away compared to the Galaxy S2 which is brand new.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
It's a great phone, there will be no trouble selling that many. Plus, the stateside Galaxy II phones for evil collaboration (AT&T & Verizon) were just revealed a little wihle ago.

As far as it stand today and as far as a complete powerhouse: it is the best hardware phone on the market that is available.

Ip5 hardware is still unknown, and even if they have similar specs by September it will be old news...Apple is dragging their feet and they know it hence all the lawsuits to stop Galaxy I&II from coming here.

laur3ooo

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Are you absolutely sure that 20 mil is only iphone 4 phones or also 3gs and possibly 3g still available in the channel? I do not disagree that a phone available for a year has outsold a phone not really available in the US. iPhone will still probably have outsold Galaxy s 2 but not maybe not by that margin.

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
[citation][nom]cyb34[/nom]"Do you think the company will reach its goal?"Yes, most americans will buy anything. They have nothing better to do...[/citation]

Funny, considering that it's selling like hotcakes in Europe and Asia. So does that mean most Europeans and Asians will buy anything, too? Or did you just want to take a jab at Americans for no reason?

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]laur3ooo[/nom]Are you absolutely sure that 20 mil is only iphone 4 phones or also 3gs and possibly 3g still available in the channel? I do not disagree that a phone available for a year has outsold a phone not really available in the US. iPhone will still probably have outsold Galaxy s 2 but not maybe not by that margin.[/citation]
Don't feed the trolls.....

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Meh, Apple still sold 4 times as many (20 million) in the same time frame.And this is Apple's last gen phone at the end of its life with the iPhone 5 only a month or so away compared to the Galaxy S2 which is brand new.[/citation]

My boss ordered this phone from Europe to get it early, its unlocked so all he did was put his SIM card in and go. He had an iPhone 4 before it. No only is the screen larger but it also weighs less. The Galaxy S2 makes the iPhone 4 look very bad and the iPhone 5 wont be better in many ways.

Thats why Apple wants all Galaxy devices banned. They know that Samsung is on a roll and making good products. Plus it has Android which is much more open and friendly than iOS.

My boss loves his Galaxy S2. Just wish I was up fore renewal so I could get one too.

As for the goal of 10 million, easily. It will be on the three big carriers (Verizon, Sprint and AT&T) and the phone sells itself. Awesome features and it looks and feels great.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
Dual-core.
Ohhh!

Gingerbread.
OHH! Oh god!!!

4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus.
YES!!! Oh god yes!

8 MP camera with 1080p video capture.
BUUHHHHHHH!! Holy shit I just came.

IOW, I want this phone.

ilmargasstrom

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
My G2X is not bad now either, upgraded to GB via LG update, also performed a battery reset. Wish I didn't have to tweak it that much to get it to work...

hardcore_gamer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
[citation][nom]lookto9[/nom]Your satisfaction is our eternal pursuit..........[/citation]

We'll be satisfied when you f*** spammers get the hell out of here.

skullcrush

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Galaxy S2 BEST phone ever.
I am ordering one this week...

Apple took smart phones to new level but its losing the charm...

G

I still have the Fascinate (At&T) and is all good - I LOVE it - I want more than Dual Core 1.2Ghz ARM - How about 2Ghz Dual Core 2GB Ram Nvidia (at leats at the level of an 8800GTX) powered 4.3 Super AMOLED 2 w/ Multi function Mini USB 3.0? Is about time to have a REAL pocket PC - I want my Phone to be FULLY compatible w/ all periferals out their ;)

I want a More powerfull ph NOW!

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
"Shipped" isn't the same as "sold", you even state so in the article; however, that did not stop you from posting a false and misleading headline, now did it?

It is pretty pathetic that you have to resort to tactics like this to make a sub-standard device look more popular than it actually is; how much does Samsung pay you to denounce Apple daily? Just curious.

nutriment6464

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
@getreal

Every other news website on the internet stated that the galaxy s II sold 5 millions in 85 days days before Tom did, stop blaming them, plus, shipped or sold what's the difference, if samsung shipped that much, I'm pretty sure it's because they know it'll sell. No one denounces apple at Tom, heck they even post like 20 apple news a day, so please stand back from you high horse and take a chill pill.

jrharbort

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
It even supports 1080p FLASH playback on youtube. Dead serious, it has full hardware acceleration. The power this phone packs is incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.