Spend My Money - Multi-Media/Gaming Laptop under $1100

Argus2968

Estimable
Feb 23, 2015
I'm looking for a well-built gaming laptop with a touch screen with a lot of speed and power for under $1100.

So far the Lenovo y50 4k Touch meets all of my requirements, but I won't be buying till next year and want to know what's coming up and possibly get something with a better graphics card than the 770M.

1) What is your budget?
$1100

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
15 to 17 inches. Weight is doesn't matter.

3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
America.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
I don't discriminate; however, I would like someone who will support the laptop for more than a year.

5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
Yes, and would prefer to but it that way to get a higher tier laptop.

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Gaming (modded Skyrim, FPS's, Civ 5, etc...)
Photo editing with photoshop.
Web surfing, youtube, etc.

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
I'll be using it mostly at home - on the couch/in bed. Occasionally take it to a friends house. Portability is not a concern to me.

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
FPS's, RTS. Modded Skyrim, League of Legends, GTA V.

9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
Need? not much, would like as much as possible of course though.

10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
I'm ok with buying online.

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (Windows 7 / 8), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Windows 8.1

Screen Specifics

12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. Click here for Screen resolution information.

As high of a resolution as possible. I have a sweet spot for high quality screens. I have really good vision so I don't have a problem using 4k screens, though I wouldn't call that a requirement. I use a 1080p projector when I want to use an external display.
Touch screen is also a requirement.

13) Do you want a Glossy/reflective screen or a Matte/non-glossy screen?

Don't care as long as it's touch screen.

Build Quality and Design

14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?

Yes. The look and feel of the laptop are important to me. I love a sleek, solid build.

15) When are you buying this laptop?
April 2015 - July 2015

16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
Probably three - four years.

Notebook Components

17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive?

Definitely want an SSD. I'd be good with 256gb but 512 would be better for longevity.

18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner?
Nope.

Brillis Wuce

Estimable
Oct 17, 2014
Apologies, I didn't see that you wanted a touch screen. Gaming laptops usually don't, but I'll have a look around. Keep in mind that the touchscreen is going to add to cost, so your GPU will be weaker.

Argus2968

Estimable
Feb 23, 2015