Spilled soda on my ASUS laptop keyboard, stuck on Aptio Setup screen

jaspersboy28

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017
I spilled Dr. Pepper on my ASUS laptop keyboard and I'm stuck on Aptio Setup screen, I am unable to click on the Launch CSM because it is grayed out and doesn't allow me to, I have tried factory reset but it is of no use, I've also tried hard resetting it but it also did not work. I have it sitting in rice in hopes that it'll maybe help. Any suggestions??

Update: I got the keyboard off and it's been dried out, I'm currently cleaning the keyboard to make it less sticky

Solution
Well done for using the rice; that should dry out the liquid but not necessarily in a hurry. It may not be able to do much if it was a sticky sugary drink.

Meantime you could connect another USB keyboard to get an idea of wheher there's more internal damage than just the wet one.
Well done for using the rice; that should dry out the liquid but not necessarily in a hurry. It may not be able to do much if it was a sticky sugary drink.

Meantime you could connect another USB keyboard to get an idea of wheher there's more internal damage than just the wet one.

Solution