Spilled Tea on Keyboard help

May 12, 2018
So, earlier today I spilled around 1-2oz of tea on my keyboard. I removed the battery, turned it off, dried the interior of the laptop.

When I turned it back on, the keyboard worked just fine, but after an hour stopped working.

When I restart the laptop, it works fine again.

I have a Toshiba which I cannot remove the keyboard as a whole.

Any solutions?

Solution
Well the keyboard should be actually removable, not easy to do perhaps (depending on the model) but still remove/replaceable. I would suggest you try a quick internet search for any videos on that model. This way you can see how to do it.

Then besides wiping it up, taking something clear to clean it after. Rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) is a good choice, as long as you are just using it on the keyboard. Be sure to remove any tea residue. Seriously. As just wiping it up will leave some there that will lead to sticking and possibly worse. Then leave it open to dry out for a day. I know. I know. It seems like a long time, but it is better to let it completely dry than to try using it and have it get damaged.
Well the keyboard should be actually removable, not easy to do perhaps (depending on the model) but still remove/replaceable. I would suggest you try a quick internet search for any videos on that model. This way you can see how to do it.

Then besides wiping it up, taking something clear to clean it after. Rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) is a good choice, as long as you are just using it on the keyboard. Be sure to remove any tea residue. Seriously. As just wiping it up will leave some there that will lead to sticking and possibly worse. Then leave it open to dry out for a day. I know. I know. It seems like a long time, but it is better to let it completely dry than to try using it and have it get damaged.

Solution