Solved! Spilled water on my laptop by accident. Is it going to be permanently damaged or is it going to be okay?

Jan 26, 2021
I've accidentally spilled some water on my laptop and I turned it off not that long afterwards. I'm letting it dry now. Will it be okay or will it be permanently damaged? Even if it does turn out to be okay, I'm scared of my laptop getting damaged even a tiny bit. I'm scared of the thought of the spill having even the tiniest effect on my laptop's performance.

cl42

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2013
just let it dryout for a couple days. i hope you removed the battery. find a small fan possibly . that would help cut down drying time. you may want to take the back off to see how the hard drive fared out unless it was just a couple drops. a friend's child spilled a can of mt. dewall over dining room table. her laptop soaked up a fair bit. hard drive included. she brought it to me. i disassembled til i saw dry. the ram/cpu were fine. i let it sit for 3 weeks [mostly because the hard drive had been So wet] i put it back together, the whole unit lasted 3 more years so there is hope, just be patient for a day or 2. being winter, the heat should be on, that will help. good luck

Deciplox

Great
Dec 8, 2020
I've accidentally spilled some water on my laptop and I turned it off not that long afterwards. I'm letting it dry now. Will it be okay or will it be permanently damaged? Even if it does turn out to be okay, I'm scared of my laptop getting damaged even a tiny bit. I'm scared of the thought of the spill having even the tiniest effect on my laptop's performance.

as basic as it sounds....only time will tell my friend..