Spilled water over my laptop

May 26, 2018
I spilled a few drops of water on my laptop. It wasn't much. A very little entered the fan port, and some on the keyboard. My laptop wasn't switched on. I immediately unplugged the battery and I am leaving it to dry for a while. Do you think it will survive?

jawlesspython04

Estimable
May 25, 2014
Take out the battery, open it up and point a fan at it or run the ceiling fan at full speed for about 24 hours. Ive seen a laptop left in the rain turned on and when they dried it and opened it back up, it started off exactly where left (with the same tasks open and the same stuff written on notepad as they left it). It can survive if you make sure you dry it properly.

jawlesspython04

Estimable
May 25, 2014
Take out the battery, open it up and point a fan at it or run the ceiling fan at full speed for about 24 hours. Ive seen a laptop left in the rain turned on and when they dried it and opened it back up, it started off exactly where left (with the same tasks open and the same stuff written on notepad as they left it). It can survive if you make sure you dry it properly.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rakib0332 Laptop Tech Support 3
ony308 Laptop Tech Support 2
abraracs Laptop Tech Support 5
G Laptop Tech Support 2
HeyAshh1 Laptop Tech Support 1
Hyosungelena Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 8
Z Laptop Tech Support 2
Davi Rego Laptop Tech Support 5
G Laptop Tech Support 13