Solved! Spilt coffe on laptop

Esraa Maged

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
So, I was holding my laptop when some coffe of my cup -Just a little bit- went over the keyboard. since it's the first time I face this situation, I didn't know what to do n I left the laptop running while looking for a towel to dry it. When I got back I found it shut off and even the charger cable doesn't give the red light of charging. I tried to dry it then n left it to dry over the day, when I tried to open it today it won't go on.

What's the possible script here and is there any hope the motherboard isn't dead ??

Solution
I can't help you with your question, but I can give you some tips for the future, cause this happened to me too with Monster Energy. You need to immediately close the laptop, unplug any device and power cables and spread a lot of rice on the keyboard to cover it all. Rice is known to suck the moisture of the thing near it. Leave it there a day or two and then throw the rice away. Then you'll need to clean the keyboard with alcochol(Best to do it with a Qtip) cause it's probably gonna be sticky. Except if it's just water. And that's it

icsd15021

Estimable
Nov 10, 2015
I can't help you with your question, but I can give you some tips for the future, cause this happened to me too with Monster Energy. You need to immediately close the laptop, unplug any device and power cables and spread a lot of rice on the keyboard to cover it all. Rice is known to suck the moisture of the thing near it. Leave it there a day or two and then throw the rice away. Then you'll need to clean the keyboard with alcochol(Best to do it with a Qtip) cause it's probably gonna be sticky. Except if it's just water. And that's it

Solution