News Spotify’s Joe Rogan controversy deepens as more artists leave

Jan 30, 2022
Why do you keep calling these people "high profile" when nobody has even heard of them? The money they make for spotify is nothing compared to what Rogan makes them. The only reason the stock went down is because of the media hyperbole and fears people will fall for that drama act. I have news. Most people look at these articles and wonder who those singers are and why the media is making such a big deal about it. It's like the media is on another planet than the rest of us are on.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Why do you keep calling these people "high profile" when nobody has even heard of them? The money they make for spotify is nothing compared to what Rogan makes them. The only reason the stock went down is because of the media hyperbole and fears people will fall for that drama act. I have news. Most people look at these articles and wonder who those singers are and why the media is making such a big deal about it. It's like the media is on another planet than the rest of us are on.
Many music fans will certainly recognize the names of those artists and their relative value in terms of Spotify membership.

Artists can certainly decide who their work can be associated with, particularly when associating with those with whom they don't share beliefs.

These events are certainly newsworthy to many.

Jan 31, 2022
I agree with you partially. These artists do not represent Spotify's large user base, but they do represent a big part of the music consuming public. The kids that use Spotify as their primary source of music probably either don't care, or, tend to go with the liberals on these issues. When their favorite artists follow, it will make a difference.

TRENDING THREADS