Spotify on SSD or HDD

Solution

Only if you save playlists offline (like I do on my phone).

If you go into advanced settings, you can move the location of the cache folder from the desktop application.
The days when you had to worry about wearing out your SSD due to too many writes are long gone. Modern SSDs will last decades to even a century under typical use, and withstand years under even abusive load. (I recently retired a system with a 256 GB SSD which had about 150 GB of security camera footage written to it daily for 2.5 years. The SSD still works fine. The computer just needed to be replaced due to a hardware failure, and it was easier to swap out the computer with a new replacement computer, rather than take down the security system for hours while it was repaired.)

If you have enough free space on the SSD, put it on the SSD. Long before you have to worry about write endurance failure, you will want to replace the SSD because it is obsolete (too small or too slow).

dudeman509

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015

Only if you save playlists offline (like I do on my phone).

If you go into advanced settings, you can move the location of the cache folder from the desktop application.

Solution

Eddie K

Estimable
Jun 24, 2014

thanks