Spotify web player hanging for 5ish minutes upon typing URL

hammer326

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Hello,

I for a long time have been dealing with this issue of the spotify web player not loading anywhere near as quickly as any other website. Where even facebook takes seconds to jump on, spotify is taking, as stated, around 5 minutes just to get to the home page. It works okay (more or less) beyond that, but it's just peculiar and I can't figure out what would be causing this. I say this particularly because I have another PC downstairs, also windows 7, also firefox, same settings across the board, and it works fine.

Any help appreciated,
Thanks!

Z_GAB_X

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
Hey hammer326,

That's easy, first of all, you will need to clean some temporary files, and don't worry, those files just exist to annoy us, to do this follow this steps:
Start Menu > Type Disk Cleanup > Select Your system drive (maybe C: ) > select what you want to clean, i prefere clean everything, but the most important are the Temporary Files > The click on "Clean Up System FIles" If you want to clean those files from all users OR just click ok to clean your user files
I was with the same problem, and it worked for me, but the problem can be with a port, there are some links that may help you:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/open-port-windows-firewall#1TC=windows-7

https://support.spotify.com/us/problems/#!/article/How-do-I-configure-my-router-for-Spotify

If this help you, please pick this answer as the solution ;) , an i hope that this help you.

hammer326

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012

Hey Gab,

Thanks for the help, unfortunately neither worked, but I'm unclear what Spotify's site specifies I do: Port 4070 is confirmed open, that's done. But this raises 2 more questions:

1: Would port forwarding be the issue if a second PC on the same network works fine with spotify web player?
2: It says to forward an Ip address range...for a particular port, 4070. I don't understand how that works. If it helps you to advise at all, I have a Linksys WRT160Nv2 router, full administrative access.

I'd appreciate any further help moving forward, thanks!