Question SPRATECH HEADSET / CISCO IP COMMUNICATOR

Apr 4, 2020
Hello,

I'm a Newbie, so please be kind :confused2: I am now working from home, Windows 10 thru my work's VPN OKTA. The only headset I could find is a SPRATECH, I bought the last one. It has a 3.5mm jack but comes with a 3.5mm/USB adapter. So it works ok with the CPU tower I have from my work. But the cord is very short. So I ordered a 30' M/F 3.5mm cable to extend the length. But when I make a call with the extension cable connected, I can hear the other person on the line, but they cannot hear me. Did I order the wrong cable? I can hear everything fine. When I push the online headset button, I get a dial tone, I can dial the number, but when the person answers they cannot hear me. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong please? Are the extension cables just for earphones/headphones and not meant for headsets that make and receive calls?

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. Thank you!!!

Apr 4, 2020
Hello,

I'm a Newbie, so please be kind :confused2: I am now working from home, Windows 10 thru my work's VPN OKTA. The only headset I could find is a SPRATECH, I bought the last one. It has a 3.5mm jack but comes with a 3.5mm/USB adapter. So it works ok with the CPU tower I have from my work. But the cord is very short. So I ordered a 30' M/F 3.5mm cable to extend the length. But when I make a call with the extension cable connected, I can hear the other person on the line, but they cannot hear me. Did I order the wrong cable? I can hear everything fine. When I push the online headset button, I get a dial tone, I can dial the number, but when the person answers they cannot hear me. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong please? Are the extension cables just for earphones/headphones and not meant for headsets that make and receive calls?

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. Thank you!!!

I think I found the answer here

Thank you!