Sprint Jacks Up the Cost of 3G Data Plans by $10

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
:( ... well i guess as i already have a plan with sprint it hopefully won't effect me... still wife isn't on my plan, so if i do add her eventually i imagine we'd both get hit by it

bhaberle

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
And I was just thinking about whether to stick around with sprint too... while this might've answered this. Though I don't use data... it still pisses me off.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
"This is responsible, sustainable and reflects our commitment to simplicity and value."

Uh, no, it's not! Data costs you all of practically nothing to send. Text messages? 1KB for 25 cents apiece should have you covered for quite a while. Data? Not much on top of that.
So, when more people subscribe to your service, you upgrade your network. Sure, that might cost you money, but you need it to have more subscribers so you can get more money.

I wonder if anyone will file a price-fixing lawsuit against the carriers? It's almost time for one, actually.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
I think the title used to describe this article is a bad reflection of something not so bad.

It is a $10.00 increase nothing more.... If they were increasing the cost and putting a very low data cap on the monthly plans, then jacked up would work...

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
@ luckyducky
yeah.. lawsuit.. just because you don't like they way they charge for their services.... give me a break... everyone wants to file a lawsuit when a company tries to make a profit... but they never think about the cost and resources it takes to provide such services. funny.... if i don't like the way a company does business.. i go with someone else....not a lawsuit. Why not start your own cellphone company... seeing how you know what it takes to send data back and forth.. maybe you could offer better service for a more competitive price.. but..nahh.. why not just file a lawsuit instead.. evil companies anyway... trying to make a profit... its almost as bad as employees who want to get paid for what they do.. disgraceful!.. maybe the employers should file a lawsuit against the employees.. greedy little employees .. pay raises!...insurance!... retirement!.. someone should file a lawsuit :)
"caveat emptor"

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]AndrewMD[/nom]I think the title used to describe this article is a bad reflection of something not so bad.It is a $10.00 increase nothing more.... If they were increasing the cost and putting a very low data cap on the monthly plans, then jacked up would work...[/citation]

Considering how much you get dinged for charges, fees, add-ons, you end up with $40-$60 more than the "basic" price they give you.

I'm kinda lucky and get both plans together for me and my SO, but still at the end of the month its around $60 more than the big $120 plan for both of us. It just stinks getting nibbled to death by fees.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]LuckyDucky7[/nom]"This is responsible, sustainable and reflects our commitment to simplicity and value."Uh, no, it's not! Data costs you all of practically nothing to send. Text messages? 1KB for 25 cents apiece should have you covered for quite a while. Data? Not much on top of that.So, when more people subscribe to your service, you upgrade your network. Sure, that might cost you money, but you need it to have more subscribers so you can get more money.I wonder if anyone will file a price-fixing lawsuit against the carriers? It's almost time for one, actually.[/citation]
If sending data doesn't cost much of anything, then why don't you just start a business and provide it to everyone for, say, $1 a month? You would be the richest person in human history. Yet somehow you don't do this.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]LuckyDucky7[/nom]Data costs you all of practically nothing to send. Text messages? 1KB for 25 cents apiece should have you covered for quite a while. Data? Not much on top of that.[/citation]
Yeah! What size is 'data' anyway? Small numbers and light colors can't be very big. Lowercase letters are smaller than capitals - and they are mostly lower case!

snoogins

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
No complaints here, just looking for some clarification.

Does this mean that they will be adding a 10$ fee to future smartphone buyers with 3g service?

Will that 10 get added to the current monthly bill for 4g, which already includes a 10$ fee?

rj7658

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
[citation][nom]pawessum16[/nom]Yay! Data users can pay more for all I care cause in the end my cheap picture and video texts will be able to send a little faster[/citation]

If you get there Simply Everything Data Family, its unlimited everything but calling for 129. what other fees are there except the taxes and surcharges.

Status
Not open for further replies.