Sprint Samsung Galaxy s5 Unlock??

Janine_4

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016
Hi! I bought a Sprint Samsung Galaxy s5 from someone. i was hoping to use it on T-Mobile. They contacted Sprint and got an MSL code. When i put in my T-Mobile sim card, it didn't ask for a code. There's a notification saying that the sim card is invalid. Please help!! :'((

xander001

Commendable
May 19, 2016

I have the same issue. How do I get the screen that asks for the unlock code!? Deeply frustrated. please help. aleXander

RussianIce

Commendable
Jan 7, 2017
That phone just like many others, do not prompt for a unlock code. The only way to unlock it, is with a box (special tools for cellphones) not something you can download for free on the internet.

miamijoe

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
Is this "Box" something I have to go to a Sprint company store with the fiix-it guys and ask them to do? I have the same issue and I even have the unlock codes from spring. Looked online and tried to input all the MMS APN settings etc and could not get it to work. If there are any updates please share.

evanjdevs

Commendable
Mar 18, 2016
For those of you wondering how to have the "input unlock code" screen come up on your galaxy phones, watch this tutorial because he shows you what to dial as well as how the process works.

I have heard that 4 failed code inputs will perma-lock your phone (not sure on the truth aboit that but lets not take any chamces right?)

This is the only thing that worked on my s5. Unfortunately I dont have my code and virgin mobile has run me around so mch that I've given up on it. Best luck to the rest of you though!
Blessings.

Epetitt

Prominent
Jul 22, 2017

I just went through the same thing with Sprint. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 fully paid for. I am splitting off from a family plan and successfully signed up for cricket wireless.

After getting my Cricket SIM card in the mail, I contacted Sprint customer support to unlock my phone. They told me my phone was unable to be Domestically SIM Unlocked. I called back again soon after and again asked to unlock my device. This time, I got a completely different answer. 'Yes they could provide an unlock code', which was a 6 digit code (everything I saw previously mentioned it should be 8 digits).

The new SIM card would not prompt for an unlock code. Then I found out my phone was still locked. Spent 3 hours on the phone with a combination of Cricket Wireless support, Sprint support, and Samsung support (sprint suggested I call them).

I ended up finding this FCC site.
https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/cell-phone-unlocking-faqs

I may call Sprint one last time tomorrow and try one last time mentioning that I'll be filing a complaint with the FCC.

sisidog28

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017

Hi Epittit,

I'm exactly in the same situation with sprint Galaxy s5. It's been a week I cannot unlock the phone. I am so frustrated with sprint & T-Mobile. No one know what they are talking about. Please let me know if you found a solution.
Thank you in advance !

fandango1

Prominent
Nov 3, 2017

Hello anyone still reading this thread. I tried to switch from Sprint to Cricket as well and paid off my lease in full with Sprint. They said it would be no problem switch SIM cards and gave me a 6 digit "unlock code." Now when ever I put the new SIM in there is no option to enter the code and the phone is still locked. The option for selecting mobile networks is now hidden as well with the Cricket SIM card! Please tell me someone has figured this out.

teethompson

Prominent
Jan 1, 2018
I went through all of that a year ago. Sprint has sold you a phone that can only be used by Sprint. It will not work with T-Mobile or any of those others. Additionally Sprint has got you stuck. That phone will never operate with anything other than Sprint. I really dislike Sprint and will never go back to them so I just use this phone as camera and for its other uses. Sprint ripped everybody off for a while there. I was able to unlock the phone for international use using the six digit code but that is it. Everyone that bought a phone before a certain date got a phone hard-coded to Sprint. Of course they don't tell you that when you buy it. They make it look like you can just go out and use it after you pay it off. I was paying $117.50 a month to those Crooks. I asked for a Samsung Galaxy S5 manufactured after the date that they stop screwing people and they said no. I will never do business with Sprint again.

byronmisty

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018

byronmisty

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018
I have been trying to get Sprint to unlock my samsung g5 since December last year. They always come up with bogus excuses. They have tried to give me a MSL code but that doesn't work and they know know this. It's for applications. I think they are giving me the run around and never plan on unlocking it.
My last call today the told me they can contact the new carrier for the phone and give them the info. I told them i needed the phone unlocked before i even picked the carrier. The company i went to stated was still under contract.
It has been a hassle. Good luck.
The struggle with them is real.