Sprint Telling You That Its Unlimited Really Is

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

to your hearts content, when your download speed is 10 kilobytes per second max...

G

I like Sprint, they don't nickle and dime you to dead like other carrier

fancarolina

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
I recently switched to Sprint from Verizon for this very reason. I knew the capping was coming and I didn't want any part of it. Lets just hope Sprint keeps to their word for a while.

I also switched for the Evo was a nice Android device, well everything except the battery. But that can be solved with an aftermarket one. Note to HTC: Actually test your phones battery in the real world please.

G

I hope Sprint stays like this, maybe the other carriers will get their act together :-\

mt2e

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
I'v had sprint for 10 years and, I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. and yes like xccess said they don't nickle and dime u to death. This just puts a headline on it and allows people to talk about Sprint. There is really no difference between Sprint and Verizon in my opinion, same network, same coverage. I'm glad this commercial came out. I trust Mr. Hesse....don't blow it Hesse....

slothy89

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
I only have 2gb of data on my iPhone (eww! I know!) but I find that's more than enough. I'm lucky to use 500-600mb a month. Calls an msgs are unlimited. $70 a month. Not complaining. Unless you tether your PC to ur phone, it's hard to use so much data. Especially since imuse my home wifi half the time.
Good to see the fine print fading tho! Bring true unlimited to Australia I say!

G

I used to have an unlimited data plan with Sprint and was terminated for exceeding my limit.

jisamaniac

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
I like how they say they are the only ones who offer unlimited everything when T-mobile has been doing it the entire time. Never messing with your data plans.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
Actually they can do it cheaper. Just sign up for the $69 (plus $10) plan which will give you unlimited everything except voice which is 450 minutes per month. But since the plan already include weekends and nights I am not worried about going over my day call minutes. Besides, I text 90% of the time. So this pricing scheme works well for me.

Just wish they drop the $10 4G price requirement.

G

what 10 dollar 4g charge? the 10 dollars is for ALL smart phones 3g and 4g. What the commerical fails to mention is the unlimited data will cost you an extra 10 a month. Making them only 10 dollars cheaper then AT&T and Verizon now. You get what you pay for with sprint.

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
[citation][nom]ajac009[/nom]what 10 dollar 4g charge? the 10 dollars is for ALL smart phones 3g and 4g. What the commerical fails to mention is the unlimited data will cost you an extra 10 a month. Making them only 10 dollars cheaper then AT&T and Verizon now. You get what you pay for with sprint.[/citation]

.....except AT&T isn't really unlimited and even their biggest data plans are still capped, and Verizon is soon to follow. I'd say having a truly unlimited plan which is also cheaper is a bit preferable, wouldn't you?

I don't understand how Sprint and T-Mobile aren't stealing customers from VZ/ATT by the truckload considering the circumstances. People really are just dumb I guess and will bend over backwards to get the latest trendy iPhone/iPad even if it means singing their internet usage away to capped access.

G

WOW, in UK we have, T-Mobile, Orange, Vodafone, O2, 3 network, Virgin and Tesco mobile as the main providers as well as smaller providers, and even among all of these we do not have unlimited data access!

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]thebigt42[/nom]"but for that much, you can use it all to your heart's content."When you can get a connection![/citation]
Maybe your not holding it right? I get a connection every single time I dial from my Sprint phone.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]magicandy[/nom]I don't understand how Sprint and T-Mobile aren't stealing customers from VZ/ATT by the truckload considering the circumstances. People really are just dumb I guess and will bend over backwards to get the latest trendy iPhone/iPad even if it means singing their internet usage away to capped access.[/citation]

+1

G

I use my Sprint (EVO 4G) personal phone right alongside my Verizon (Blackberry 9650) work phone and Sprint really embarasses Verizon (eastern PA) on a daily basis. The sound quality on Sprint is significantly better than on Verizon, and I regularly have issues with connecting when surrounded by cement/cinder blocks (like in basements or industrial facilities that I regularly visit) with the Verizon phone, so I just whip out the Evo and make the call. As for data speed, i've seen as fast as 10Mb on 4G, and even Sprint's 3G significantly outpaces Verizon's 3G. Combined with Sprint's better plan structure, I see absolutely NO reason to use Verizon in my area unless they have an exclusive phone that you really like.

Status
Not open for further replies.