Sprint: We Tripled EVO 4G Sales by Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
So, I suppose that I won't be upgrading my old flip video to the Kodak Zi8 after all! I'll just wait until 1080p video recording on a good droid phone, or other smart phone (maybe)!

Insane technology, insanely power efficient and compact number crunching imo.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]A reported and much complained about 2 hours of battery life with the much hyped 4G turned on, ugh I dont think so. You also have to pay for 4G even if its not even remotely close to being in your city every month... ugh no I dont think so. Iphone 4 32GB FTW, thanks.[/citation]

Enjoy your limited data plan, bad reception, poor 3g service, and closed off, anal retentive application development requirements

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]A reported and much complained about 2 hours of battery life with the much hyped 4G turned on, ugh I dont think so. You also have to pay for 4G even if its not even remotely close to being in your city every month... ugh no I dont think so. Iphone 4 32GB FTW, thanks.[/citation]
Don't you have to pay for AT&T's 3G even if it's not remotely close to being in your city?

EVO 4G > Incredible > Nexus One > Droid > Other Android devices > iPhone 4. Thanks

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Can't really blame them, anytime Sprint sees customers en masse in their stores they get excited given their bad luck as of late years. They just pee'd themselves is all, kind of like Apple did the first day assuming 500,000 iPads would be sold when it was closer to 350,000.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]wintermint[/nom]I seriously hope Sprint bounces back.. I have Sprint and my friends saying "you suck" ![/citation]

Sprint has better service, great customer support (online and in store), MUCH lower prices....I pay about 20$ more than the single iPhone plan from AT&T...except my plan is for FOUR people. I hate to say it, but your friends suck ;)

Glad to see an honest company, especially a cell phone one.

@Soldier - Almost all phones get poor battery life until the first 2-3 charge cycles are done properly. Ie. a FULL charge and FULL drain before charging again. Not to mention the amount of screen time a new smart phone gets from its giddy happy user :) Oh and...fanboi please?

applerocks

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]Abrahm[/nom]Don't you have to pay for AT&T's 3G even if it's not remotely close to being in your city?EVO 4G > Incredible > Nexus One > Droid > Other Android devices > iPhone 4. Thanks[/citation]

Opps you got the greater than signs reversed.

rsud

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007

the negative turds have hit you for speaking your opinion.
Sucks to be them as hitting you with a negative is their only outlet when faced again by useably superior apple product.

christopherknapp

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
[citation][nom]borisof007[/nom]Enjoy your limited data plan, bad reception, poor 3g service, and closed off, anal retentive application development requirements[/citation]

Please tell me how many gigabytes you used on your phone last month. Poor 3G? Maybe if you live in Northern Maine. Closed off? In what way? Anal retentive application development ... please give me specific examples.

In other words, shut up. Get off the band wagon.

The EVO 4G looks like a great choice, and I am glad that someone else has brought forth an excellent option for Sprint customers, and eventually others.

The iPhone 4 is a fantastic device, and so is the Droid. I am just glad to see that there are other options out there. Diversity is good for the market, but to sit here and say the iPhone sucks is just plain ridiculous.

Simple11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
The EVO 4g and iPhone4 look amazing on paper! BUT JESUS DON'T GET INVOLVED IN DATA CONNECTIVITY. Go ahead and wiki 4g, the connection speeds are absolutely amazing, but guess what? Sprint's '4G' is only 3% of what it should be. The only reason I would go with the Evo is because of the OS. I've seen better apps on Google software compared to my iPhone. But with the battery issue on the Evo, I am glad I have until next march till I have to make a decision.

kslghost

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
AT&T 3g reception is very spotty, and I live in the heart of Silicon Valley. Sure there is reception here and there, but there are countless numbers of times when my friend has no coverage, and I've got full 1XEV (Verizon). Number of times the opposite has happened? Literally 0.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Abrahm[/nom]Don't you have to pay for AT&T's 3G even if it's not remotely close to being in your city?EVO 4G > Incredible > Nexus One > Droid > Other Android devices > iPhone 4. Thanks[/citation]
Good smart phones > Cowon S9 and J3 music players > Iphone.
There's damned MP3 players with flash...

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
I am more amazed how every new smart-phone now seems to set new records. The market is apparently still hungry for it despite high subscription cost (and all the iPhones, Droids, Incredibles ...).

Shez

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004
Anyone else think that the 'accidental' sale records were just a ploy to get people out to buy the 'hot new phone'? We all know that Americans are suckers for the latest and greatest, especially if everyone else is doing it.

rsud

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
[citation][nom]scottinks[/nom]What's with all the drama between phone companies now? I don't remember it being this bad in the past.[/citation]

It ain't between phone companies. Its the pee-ons on these message boards that have to declare their winner with condescension towards the other brand. And its highly anti-apple in a totally stupid way. So easily they forget that their smart phones (except for RIM) exist only because of the iphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.