Ssd Cloning Fix!

Aashish_15

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
I have a 256gb Crucial M.2 ssd for my Dell i7559, I tried cloning using acronis but I messed up. Whenever I boot with both hdd and ssd the screen freezes after Dell logo appears, the same happens when I disconnect hdd and boot with only ssd. Without ssd and only hdd it boots up and works perfectly fine.
Is there anyway I can clone it again by formatting the ssd, or how to boot up with hdd along with ssd. Or should I do a clean install on the ssd? My problem is I can't boot up when both are connected. I don't have access to another pc or laptop.

Solution
In the BIOS you just change the boot order to have the SSD boot first. In BIOS you can set the order like if you need a CD or DVD to boot by placing it first in the boot order. BIOS looks at the first boot device and see's if it's bootable and if not (a DVD isn't inserted it moves to the 2nd and keeps going until it finds a bootable device. It sounds like the HD is higher than the SSD so the SSD on boots if the HD isn't present. It's east you just go to the Boot area of BIO using arrow keys and the instruction will show you how to move something up or down in order. SO you will want the SSD to boot before the HD.

Aashish_15

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
I have the m.2 ssd and the laptop has a dedicated slot for it so can't plug it in the hdd bay. I want to use the ssd for OS and few softwares, hdd as storage.
I don't know how to change the boot priorities in bios/uefi in Windows 10.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
In the BIOS you just change the boot order to have the SSD boot first. In BIOS you can set the order like if you need a CD or DVD to boot by placing it first in the boot order. BIOS looks at the first boot device and see's if it's bootable and if not (a DVD isn't inserted it moves to the 2nd and keeps going until it finds a bootable device. It sounds like the HD is higher than the SSD so the SSD on boots if the HD isn't present. It's east you just go to the Boot area of BIO using arrow keys and the instruction will show you how to move something up or down in order. SO you will want the SSD to boot before the HD.

Solution