Question SSD not booting in ASUS BIOS Utility

Jul 22, 2023
Hello! 2 day ago, I bought a new ssd drive showing “Nv2 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2” that was from the Kingson brand and when I replace my old ssd with the new ssd,
It shows an ASUS UEFI BIOS Utility- Ez Mode, when I first saw this, I clicked Save & Exit, then a couple of minutes later it show the same ez mode screen again, I searched on Google about this and they said change the boot order, I watched a video telling me how to fix this problem, but they are even saying to enable CSM and when I enable that I can boot my ssd BUT, When I clicked Save & Exit button, it show “Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key”, When I clicked a key, it showed the same message again, so should I put my old ssd and refund the new one or should I take it to a place to fix the problem or should I fix it my self??

loizza

Banned
BANNED
Jul 24, 2023
When you updated the bios, it changed the default settings to be compliant with Win11 requirements. That's my guess.

So, you'd need to change any settings back from the "new" default to whatever you had them at.

But you've got essentially a whole new computer, why not do a proper fresh install to start off right ? To do that, if you decide to, physically disconnect ALL other drives except the single NVME that you're going to put Windows on. Then make any/all changes you want in your BIOS, ie. set CSM to "disabled", turn on SecureBoot, above 4G decoding, etc. etc.

Once you have all the settings in the bios to your liking, plug in your install USB and fresh install to the only drive.