Star Trek Online Heading to Consoles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesl

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2008
"the online auction site is usually reserved for hooking up with naughty girls and junk nobody really wants. "

wow, I really can't believe you printed that
If I ran craigslist, I'd sue for libel, if only to get a retraction

seriously,
major computer and technology web site trashes craigslist
who nees publicity like that?
that might be ok for a review that's comparing different job search sites but really has no place in an article like this

I use craigslist all the time: looking for volunteer opportunities, buying used computer parts, looking for new apartment, buying used guitars, participating in informative discussuions in the travel and health forums

craigslist has a lot of good uses

sgtbaker420

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2007
I'm with you EnFoRceR...but I'm biased.
The wife sends me 100's of Craiglinks a day "Look what I found", "Can I get this?.." etc...

100's man...

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
Its nice to find garbage, its nice to find crappy places to live its good for finding insecure people to date and ruin your life and its great for finding jobs no one wants. Its great for alot of things but i stick by my first post. Sgtbaker im there i got sent tons of links by people who think its worth something its amazing what value people have on crap :/

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Ok, so if you want to find an apartment, where do you look other than Craigslist? Same goes for a car. Do people still use newspapers or something? I've moved a few times in the past few years and each time, Craigslist was by far the best resource for finding a new place, so much so that the last time I moved I didn't bother looking anywhere else.

Don't get me wrong here though, their website is terrible.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
i used it one time to find a futon i never actualy thought people seriously used that website for anything.

I use something like apartmentsforrent.com or something simler.. Chances are the apartments in craigslist are there for a reason. Though a couple nice places might be in there i just dont care to live in the ghetto.

For a car i just go down to the dealership (shrugs)

And yes i use newspaper. It makes a great bottom for a litter pan or something. O and starting fires.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Ok, that's one way to look at it. I don't look for an apartment anywhere that the landlords would have to pay to advertise. That basically means that they're looking to charge more for rent. When a shitty small 1 bedroom costs $1000+/month already, I don't really want to get a slightly better one that's in the $1500 range.

And buying a used car from a dealership always means you pay more.

Status
Not open for further replies.