Star Wars Fan Gives Minecraft 'A New Hope'

Status
Not open for further replies.

threefish

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
In honor of Weird Al's new video for Word Crimes, I must step in here. "A devoted crafter, whom goes by the alias..." "Whom" is incorrect in this sentence. The devoted crafter is the subject, not a direct or indirect object in this context.

G

Watched the trailer for about 15 to 25 seconds and thought i could just watch the real thing instead of this garbage. The trailer is pretty bad.

Haravikk

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
While I appreciate the effort that must have gone into something like this, I just don't see the point; everything transferred to Minecraft looks awful! It's graphics are quaint when they're limited to its basic environment or original creations made to fit that world, but when you start trying to adapt things from elsewhere then it just looks terrible, especially when the film itself still looks great today, and there are a number of great Star Wars games you could actually play instead. I dunno, we're just talking about making a worse version of something here, it seems like the skill at building the content to be much better spent doing something else, like something original to Minecraft.

Warsaw

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
Wow you two, just appreciate something that someone wants to devote their attention to and accept what they enjoy. I thought it was actually pretty cool bringing the Star Wars universe to minecraft. Rock on and keep it up until it's finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.