Star Wars: Force Unleashed II - More Force Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
The original Force Unleashed was one of the great disappointments for me in this generation. I followed the development of TFU pretty closely, from the time it was unveiled at the Star Wars 30th anniversary convention in LA to the big press event at LucasArts campus during GDC, and the game looked insanely promising. Yet when it came out, the controls were weak, the level design was mostly uninspired, and the game had arguably the worst boss battle of all time (TIE Fighter/Star Destroyer). The game had some much potential, but it felt like it could have used another 6-12 months of refinement and instead was rushed out early, which is a surprise coming from LucasArts. Now LucasArts has laid off/lost a lot of veterans on the development side, including Haden Blackman. Even though I hope the game does well and improve on the original's flaws, I just can't get jazzed about it...

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
I hope they dont put a 30fps cap in the PC version.

Funny thing is I have a single gts 250 1gb , and the gpu usage is @ 20-30% with 4xAA/16xAF forced through nvcp , while the cpu (PhII 955 @ 3.8ghz) is being used up around 60% all cores.

I guess the fps cap is causing the low gpu usage :(

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Cant wait for this game. SWTFU was a great game despite what some say. It was worth playing just for the story alone and I cant wait to see what happens in the sequel.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Regulas[/nom]Tried the Demo of the first one on my PS3.Another kiddie console game, ZZZzzz. Fallout 3, New Vegas on the PC for me.[/citation]

The force is weak on this one...

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
it looks badassed but the second i saw it was cross platform like the first one i just said meh. design any game for consoles and pc gamers have been burned enough to know the pc version just plain sucks like the console version of medal of honor, it's only half the game and a quarter of the difficulty. if i bought it, it'd only be for my 7 year old nephew for x-mas as only unskilled and naive kids won't care. i bet jar jar is even in it.
tip: seriously if your going to chase the almighty dollar, don't skimp out with bad and cheap voice actors, there is no substitute for james earl jones.

Lewis57

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
[citation][nom]skykaptain[/nom]If they ever port it to the PC I hope it runs better than the first did.[/citation]

In what way? I could run it fine with a Q6600 @ 3Ghz and OC'd 9800GTX+.

I enjoyed playing around with the force, the game itself not so much. Generic hack n slash most of the time.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
They really should have just made two epic movies about this instead.

Only so much can be done with games when it comes to force powers and the limited control scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.