Star Wars to Arrive on Blu-ray on September 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Wow it sure does take them long enough to print those disc's..
I know i'll be getting the whole lot on BD because i don't own any of the episodes anyway.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Eh, I liked star wars a long time back, maybe if I was 10 years younger I'd buy another copy in a new format. But not anymore.

Lucas has long gutted the old story, re-writing and re-interpreting things.

I tend to agree with Red Letter Media on their view of him and his business. If you haven't seen the reviews, definitely, go see them. Its hilarious.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
The more incarnations I see of Darth Vader, the less interested in Star Wars I am. The 70s versions of Darth Vader were cool and evil, like he was suppose to be. In Star Wars 3 when Anakin Skywalker becomes Darth Vader, I just cannot take Darth Vader seriously. Blame CGI, blame the ideology of trying to look more 'kid friendly'. This lame video of Darth Vader (posted above) makes me want to stick a light saber straight into my head. Then again, I was already turned off by Episode I. Blame Jar Jar Binks. There did THAT thing come from, Disney?

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]TunaSoda[/nom]I own the original VHS (pre-THX) of "Star Wars" and that is all I need[/citation]
I had A New Hope on Beta Max!

festerovic

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
I once saw the HD versions on dish, it was 1080i and in 5 channel audio (not 5.1, but 4.1) it was a lot better, but just liking watching other older movies, the transfer to digital doesn't really make a huge impact .

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
all those saying "sif buy the films again, the VHS ones are fine!" you clearly miss the point of bluray, and I honestly don't know why you cared enough to click on the article...

its not like people don't know what they are getting. they are getting starwars, but better quality.

I too have seen some 1080i hdtv rips of starwars, and can vouch for it being noticeably more awesome quality wise.

it could not be more clearly advertised. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY IT!

so STFU.

c0oim4n

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
What a terrible line of stormtroopers! They're supposed to have walked to the beat of the music, with the same foot forward, and they are all supposed to stop and turn at the same time....

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
You don't need the Bluray version if you don't have a big screen. Once you get into the 50" panels or hd projectors then it's a different story. I have a 37" and 42" hd panel and my progessive DVD player works pretty good. Bluray from my PS3 on the 37 and 42 looks better but not a big difference. But on my 50" panasonic viera and my projection set to 110", bluray is a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.