Starbucks Announce Free WiFi For Rewards Card Holders

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

There are lots of coffee shops that already have free wi-fi... and no restrictions! For example, Caribou Coffee, Bruegger's... and plenty of others, chain shops and otherwise. Feels a little bit like a piece of "Apple iNews". Flashy company 'releases' a product/service that someone else already sells... but it's news because they say it's news.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Depending on where your at, Starbucks is the only place to get a decent expresso.. Also, I dont really like Starbucks as a company, sort of like Google, they are too "pc" for me, but they are a necessary evil and I'll take everything I can get from them for free..

G

But you see, it's only sort of free, and even then, partially useful:

1) You have to buy a Rewards Card for $5.
2) You have to buy something from Starbucks (presenting the Rewards Card) at least once a month to unlock web access.
3) It's only free for 2 hours a day.
4) There's a limit to what you can do on the internet.

Or I can go to the establishment *next door* to a Caribou Coffee that broadcasts free wi-fi, sign in with my email address (which they have yet to send spam to) and do whatever I want, for as long as I want. Now *that's* free.

jawshoeaw

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
Please people - if you are going to Starbucks, you are spending $5 a month. Come one - the real crime is that people spend $2-$5 a workday at Starbucks - what is that, like $50 a month for many people, more than their home cable/DSL internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.