10thmtnarty

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
I have bose companion 20 speakers hooked up to a playstation tv/monitor via the supplied male-to-male headphone connector. About a month ago, I started getting static. I've never noticed it with my ps3, only with my computer-my motherboard is a sabertooth 990fx.

Whenever I use a usb headset connected to my computer, there is no static. I have two relatively cheap relatively old (3-5 years old) hdmi cables. If I swap out the hdmi cables, or swap input slots using the same cable, the static goes away for@ 15 minutes. If I unplug the speakers from my monitor, my monitor speakers are still staticky. My computer, my monitor, and my speakers are all @ 4 years old. [strike]Is this likely to be my cables, my monitor, or my motherboard?[/strike]

EDIT: The majority of the problem was because of interferance from my phone. Would my netgear wireless router also be causing interferance?

Solution
In the U.S....

Sprint, Verizon and U.S. Cellular use CDMA.

AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM.

The rest of the world uses GSM

Moving the phone shouldn't place it outta the room..... just not close to the speakers.

10thmtnarty

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
Mine's 4g, not sure if that applies. Also, I'm in the us. Also, I have 3 roommates as well as several people who might as well be roommates:p, so keeping the room clear of phones would be impossible.