Steam Causes Playback Issues?

TheSomeone77177

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
When booting my computer, I have to launch YouTube and watch a video before starting Steam. If I do this, videos will work fine 70% of the time. If I launch steam first and then watch a video on YouTube, all YouTube videos will not work. A restart fixes this issue most of the time. Offline video playback programs such as VLC are also affected.

In addition to these issues, webpages sometimes do not load properly with chrome saying that the web page could not provide a secure connection. The sites in question are very popular, such as Reddit, YouTube, and Gmail.

I have a fresh install of Windows 10, all drivers updated, restarted modem, flushed DNS, done an SFC scan, and have allowed all Windows Updates. Hardware acceleration has also been troubleshooted with in Chrome settings. I've done multiple virus scans using Malwarebytes, AVG, and Avast!

Any idea as to why videos don't work and sites don't load?

https://gyazo.com/4bd4a18221407146e6b698937d89d90c
https://gyazo.com/7bd5fb4dc04c052916747d480763b4a0\

Just realized i posted this in the wrong section >_<

Solution

Jugeum

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
With you being in Canada, if you're in a rural area, it actually could be your service provider (just putting that out there). If you have already did a complete wipe and reinstall of windows and made sure your drivers are all up to date. I would mostly look at checking your video and network cards and flashing your BIOS for your motherboard. Sadly, if it ends up being a hardware issue, I would think it would be more likely your ram, processor, or motherboard as it's kinda unlikely that your video and network card started to go at the same time. If this was a pre-built computer, a lot of them come with boot-up diagnostics, or you could go with something like Ultimate Boot CD to run full diagnostics on your computer. If it's a desktop, another thing you could try is connecting your video and network card (one at a time) up to a different computer and seeing if there is an issue there. Hope this helps.

TheSomeone77177

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016

Thank you for that very informative answer. I don't have a network card, the specs are:
`Windows 10 Home
`AMD FX-6100 3.4GHz
`EVGA GTX 960 4GB ACX2.0 SSC
`Kingston Hyper X 2x4GB DDR3 1333MHz
`ASUS Sabertooth 990FX [R2.0] AM3+
`500GB Seagate 7200rpm & 750GB Seagate 7200rpm
`Corsair CX750 PSU

I think it may be the ram or CPU, I've had the same sticks and CPU for more than 3 years. Although i do play demanding games like Fallout 4 and have had no crashes...
If you cant think of any software issues then it must be a hardware issue, right?

Jugeum

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016

The only software issue that would cause it after a new install of the entire OS would be the BIOS. I would suggest checking the ram, video card, and network cards first (if you're using add-on cards for video and network) as those would be the easier and cheaper fix. But I do wonder if it could be the motherboard or processor as it's hard to imagine both of those going out at the same time.

Solution