Steam Keeps Modern Warfare 2 Locked Til Thurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooflinger1

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
Another reason for PC users not to buy the game. Every time we turn around somebody who has some hand in the distribution of MW2 is bending PC gamers over. First, they don't give us the cool versions with NVG like the 360. Then, they take away dedicated servers. Now, they keep it locked for some unfortunate people. The least they could do is give PC gamers a reach around and give us like some extra weapons or something.

Glad I didn't give them a single penny of my money for this game.

hypocrisyforever

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
Yeah, they are trying to smear Steam. It's just the PC version, they could have left the name Steam out and the article would be the same. The forums are swarmed with people steamed about the dumbing down of the PC version. I felt this way years ago about Oblivion. If anyone remembers morrowind, or daggerfall. You could move every item with the mouse, anywhere you wanted. Then, Oblivion was made for a controller and it took all those things away from the PC version...Sorry, huge tangent :).

liquidblue

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
And this is why I do things like this: You received a full or partial refund of $59.99 USD from Valve Corp..
The refund will go to your PayPal account.

waxdart

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]Hatecrime69[/nom]sucks to buy the pc version at all[/citation]

I've no idea what you mean by that? PCs are no good at games? PC users are unlucky because of steam?

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
Thats how steam does it lest people forget, they have to delay their release so the brick and mortars can have thier fun.Thats how it is,nothing special here.

waxdart

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]hypocrisyforever[/nom]Yeah, they are trying to smear Steam. It's just the PC version, they could have left the name Steam out and the article would be the same. The forums are swarmed with people steamed about the dumbing down of the PC version. I felt this way years ago about Oblivion. If anyone remembers morrowind, or daggerfall. You could move every item with the mouse, anywhere you wanted. Then, Oblivion was made for a controller and it took all those things away from the PC version...Sorry, huge tangent :).[/citation]

Nope I think you're spot on. Console games have set PC games back 15 years. After a point its not about graphics or sounds. Controls and screen integration make the game feel, well, playable. I've no problem with two UI systems. One for close up sat at a monitor and another for TV sat 10feet away. but the two shouldn't be mixed and its an unprofessional development company that things it can do so.

Ramar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]waxdart[/nom]I've no idea what you mean by that? PCs are no good at games? PC users are unlucky because of steam?[/citation]

What rock have you been under? Activision and IW decided to fuck over the PC version of the game. There are plenty of articles on here and other websites about it.

As for this article: WTF?? This isn't excusable on any level. This is blatant customer disrespect and I am seriously considering never purchasing a single product from Activision again. I am personally irritated with anyone that did buy the PC version, because you supported all this bullshit.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]waxdart[/nom]I've no idea what you mean by that? PCs are no good at games? PC users are unlucky because of steam?[/citation]

what rock have you been living under? 9v9, no dedicated servers, no mods, no console for editing, $60 price tag.

etrnl_frost

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
Maybe it's a super secret project by Steam to neutralize IW's messing around with this game - and it will be playable on Valve's servers, fully moddable with the console unlocked, and and ...!

Oh, but to wish for some things to be true...

soul555top

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
I just installed IW.net in my irl and not only am I cool at the office water cooler now, I am scoring with the ladies. I even won a free cheeseburger from McDonalds Monopoly today. Thanks IW.net!

Ramar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]maigo[/nom]next we'll find out the boxes are empty[/citation]

Except for a signed picture of Bobby Kotick flipping us all the bird.

Ryric

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009
Bet D2D et al are happy to not be part of this mess, the amount of time they would have spent fielding support questions regarding Steam would have been a pain.

On second thought, maybe they knew.

Steam has had a lot of problems with releases, and patching games recently.

etrnl_frost

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
[citation]Steam has had a lot of problems with releases, and patching games recently.[/citation]

Not sure how much this has to do with Steam. All the noticeable releases that have been having launch issues are ones that require an online account with said developer - i.e. EA, IW.net, Gamespy, Windows Live, etc. All the games that don't require this tomfoolery happen to install and work just fine... It's when you start need to validate all over the place that there are issues. Steam's fault? Hardly. Developers trying to get people to sign up with them? You decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.