Steaming Media Box able to stream 1080 from network PC?

Ned612

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
I currently have a projector in my living room and my main pc in another room. I was planning on running a usb cable from my pc to the room to hook up a wireless keyboard and mouse receive so I can control it from that room. Then I would run a HDMI cable from my PC to the ceiling mounted projector.

But I recently saw one of these: http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-Wi-Fi-Streaming-Media-Player/17693168#Specifications

I know there are many other wifi cable devices too. I haven't been able to figure out if these are able to just stream from my PC at 1080, or at least 720. If they are capable of streaming HD Netflix, I would think they would be able to stream HD videos from my pc. Is that correct or should I stick to my original plan of running a wire from my pc to my projector?

Thanks in advance.

laststop311

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
You can stream video over dlna from your pc to the box with the box connected to projector. In my research so far it seems the wd live has the broadest file support but I have a question pending in this thread to see what people suggest.

daddysl0th

Estimable
Nov 30, 2015
You should get a android box ans run XBMC you can also get TVAddons inside of XBMC if your into that stuff. You can also get YouTube on XBMC so check some Android Boxes out. Message me if you want help on choosing one.