Solved! Steel series Arctis 5 audio problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axianamus

Commendable
Jun 19, 2016
So I got the steel series Arctis 5 a while back. Day 1 issues started. It's supposed to have 2 audio channels and a dial to increase or lower the volume on one. Usually a game, and a chat channel. When both of them were enabled the sound cut out, started crackling, and when using the mic users on the other end reported, well, I don't know what they heard. There was a lot of screaming.

Occasionally when playing games or watching videos the sound cuts out. Sometimes it frrezes up the program I'm running until the I disable and reenable the headset from the control panel. I've decided this probably has to do with too many audio sources coming in at once and overwhelming the USB drivers. Oh yea, the Arctis 5 plugs into a USB port, which I've also decided is part of the problem. Doesn't matter what port I use either. Or type, usb 2, or 3.

I figure it's the drivers but going to my motherboard manufacturer doesn't actually come up with any useful downloads for USB driver updates and I'm not sure where else to get them.

Win 10
AMD FX9370
Nvidia GTX 970
24GB RAM
GA 990FX Gaming motherboard

Solution
Hey. Im from Belgium il have the same problem its like a crackling noise and somthing strange that happend whit the headset its send back to steelseries the fabrick and they gonne do somthing about it. Il have tried the headset on my pc and laptop and its the same problem just go back to youre store and say what the problem is. Greets from me Dieter to evryone here on this forum
Jan 23, 2019
Hey,

I am running into the same issue; the USB end is making some crackling noises. After updating all of my USB drivers (they were all up-to-date), there was no solution. I've had the headset for about a week with no issues, other than setting up the RGB. I haven't had any issues with the mic, but my understanding is that its the dongle that connects to the headset that might be the issue. Others have reported issues with SteelSeries quality control and how the prongs in the dongle become loose at times. I submitted a ticket on it.

Let me know if you have any updates.

Jan 25, 2019
Hey. Im from Belgium il have the same problem its like a crackling noise and somthing strange that happend whit the headset its send back to steelseries the fabrick and they gonne do somthing about it. Il have tried the headset on my pc and laptop and its the same problem just go back to youre store and say what the problem is. Greets from me Dieter to evryone here on this forum

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.